Anyone try Paypal NFC?

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Makes you wonder if bumping phone uglies in exchange for bumping uglies punishable by law :what:

Hahaha. We all know that "girls for hire" would carry an IPHONE and not android. Ok, ok, on a serious note, that would be pretty cool to use PayPal like that. I cannot see any settings on the app for that though...

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
You can add a PayPal NFC Widget now. It's a huge 4x1 widget that lets you request money, seems like a waste of space but it's easy enough to add and delete as needed. There's no PIN access on the request as near as I can tell but if someone wants to steal my phone and deposit money into my PayPal account I guess I'll allow it. :)

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I dont know enough people with nfc phones.....i guess me and my wife could pass money back and forth....but she already has all my money so I dont really see the point. In the future hopefully this nfc stuff evolves because I would love to be able to pay for everything with my phone.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I've made some very bad decisions regarding lunch in order to use NFC. There's only so much McDonald's and 7-11 sandwiches one man should eat in a lifetime...

My first purchase was a bit of fun, even though it was winter. ;)

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've made some very bad decisions regarding lunch in order to use NFC. There's only so much McDonald's and 7-11 sandwiches one man should eat in a lifetime...

My first purchase was a bit of fun, even though it was winter. ;)

I was thinking the same thing but then I went to CVS and got a flu shot. I paid with my phone and the pharmacist said "I have never seen that before". So I guess there is something healthy we can do with GW.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Brooke

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You can add a PayPal NFC Widget now. It's a huge 4x1 widget that lets you request money, seems like a waste of space

Is the widget necessary? Looks like you can Request Money from within the app, then choose Bump. Can't test because nobody around me has an NFC phone.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Is the widget necessary? Looks like you can Request Money from within the app, then choose Bump. Can't test because nobody around me has an NFC phone.

I'm in the same boat, nobody to play with so I can't say for sure what the proper path is. :)

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Three vending machines right in front of my office at my job had Paypass reader. It even showed the message 'Please swipe or tap your card." However, nothing happened when I tried to buy some snacks and drinks with my GN. Probably, the vending machines are not hooked up for Google Wallet? Anyway, it would have been really convenience if those machines accepted my GN, since they are literally 20 steps away from my desk!!! :D

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Three vending machines right in front of my office at my job had Paypass reader. It even showed the message 'Please swipe or tap your card." However, nothing happened when I tried to buy some snacks and drinks with my GN. Probably, the vending machines are not hooked up for Google Wallet? Anyway, it would have been really convenience if those machines accepted my GN, since they are literally 20 steps away from my desk!!! :D

if it takes paypass your phone should work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463