Canada Data Roaming fail

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
So I live in Buffalo and went to Toronto for the weekend and I couldn't get the data roaming to work for nothing... Checked it, unchecked it, reboots, everything I could think of... and it was VERY annoying that it wasn't working because I was using my Gnex as my GPS unit. Fail Fail Fail... So I bought a TomTom today.

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I noticed on my account it use to say usa and canada roam allow and when i got the nexus it changed to usa roam allow only so i would check your verizon online features because I bet it is your account and not the phone.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I was in New Market just north of Toronto this weekend and my phone worked great. I called Verizon before going and purchased a data package which will save a little money.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk

dqdude

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue in Vancouver and again in Puerto Vallarta...

All the settings on my phone were correct and I called prior to and while in both places. I was never able to get data roaming to work :(

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
yeah apparently I had to call verizon. When I got my Gnex, Data Roaming was taken off for no good reason and they gave me $10 credit for my trouble w/ out me even asking for it.

dqdude

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
So that I better understand...when you called Verizon they said that data roaming wasm disabled on your account and they needed to turn it on to make it work?

yeah apparently I had to call verizon. When I got my Gnex, Data Roaming was taken off for no good reason and they gave me $10 credit for my trouble w/ out me even asking for it.

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
correct. I used to have it, but something happened to data roaming on my account when I activated my Gnex. They don't know what happened.

dqdude

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Well...it only took me 5 calls to vzw to get the issue resolved. It was only after I read to them the solution posted here that I was able to get someone to "uncheck' USA data roaming only. Kinda frustrating but happy to get it fixed.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac