• 1 Post By samkatz
  • 1 Post By dubge
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

Default Face Unlock with multiple faces

Yesterday I was playing around and ended up adding a friend's face to my face recognition and now the phone unlocks for me and her. Has anyone else tried this? I will have to look and see if you can access the file that holds the pictures so they can be edited. I hate the fact that if I turn off face unlock it completely erases the photos and you have to start over. I hope Google fixes that.

ROM
    stock for now

Default Re: Face Unlock with multiple faces

how do you add multiple faces?

edit: nevermind. im an *****

well, I guess you can add as many faces as you want, but then the security becomes totally useless....
    willlayb likes this.

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

Quote Originally Posted by samkatz View Post
    well, I guess you can add as many faces as you want, but then the security becomes totally useless....
    Not totally, I have my wife scan her fingerprint for my laptop and show her where a hidden file is for all my accounts and passwords so if anything was to happen to me she wouldn't be completely in the dark. It is good to have a backup.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    marsdiamond likes this.

right, I understand, that way you and your wife who both have unique fingerprints can login.

The thing with the face recognition is that it's not very exact. Photographs and look a-likes can fool it. It probably works on distance between points on facial features, or outlines.. So if you repeatedly "improve face matching" by giving more angles or people, it will recognize a broader range of features.

Now I realize that it's not supposed to be highly secure like a password. I don't understand how patterns can be very secure, especially if you use a common pattern, eg a letter, symbol, etc. You can use a really unique pattern, but if you forget it, you're up the creek...