Do you use face unlock?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
How many people actually use face unlock? I don't ever put passwords or security on my phone for unlocking it. Is it really cool or just a security thing.

C-3PO

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I use it whenever I actually feel like securing my phone. When i don't have it on lockdown I just simply use the slide lock.

dschulman

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I use it all the time. It allows me to leave Lastpass (or any other ewallet software for that matter) configured to auto-logon without worrying about losing the phone. It's fast, and with training, works with glasses on or off, looking up or down. Only downside is low light conditions. But, the pattern swipe is equally fast and convenient. So, yes. I think it's cool AND functional.

azetoh

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I would use it, but I like the quick camera access of the slider lockscreen. Low light is also a problem, but the pattern is fine

anon(11078)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I use it all the time. I figure that it offers some protection and if I lose my phone some stranger is not likely to know what I look like nor have a photograph available that can be used to unlock it.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I used it at first but when its dark outside or youre in a car with low lighting its a pain waiting for the phone to not see anything and you have to enter your pin to unlock the phone. After going through that a few times i just left it alone.

marsdiamond

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I used it at first but when its dark outside or youre in a car with low lighting its a pain waiting for the phone to not see anything and you have to enter your pin to unlock the phone. After going through that a few times i just left it alone.

You don't have to wait....just tap the lock on the screen to bypass the facial recognition

jeres88

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I use it on mine. For some reason it takes a lot of heat since a picture can successfully unlock it, but it's pretty unlikely that a stranger would have a picture of you. However, a stranger can look at smudge patterns to figure out patterns/pins/passwords.