Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do you use face unlock?

How many people actually use face unlock? I don't ever put passwords or security on my phone for unlocking it. Is it really cool or just a security thing.

Default Re: Do you use face unlock?

Facial Recognition

Pretty much the same thread.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I use it daily.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9 ICS 4.0.4

I use it whenever I actually feel like securing my phone. When i don't have it on lockdown I just simply use the slide lock.

nothing more than a marketing gimmick. not only is it faster to swipe your finger, but a photo of you can unlock it. disabled it in my phone.

I use it all the time. It allows me to leave Lastpass (or any other ewallet software for that matter) configured to auto-logon without worrying about losing the phone. It's fast, and with training, works with glasses on or off, looking up or down. Only downside is low light conditions. But, the pattern swipe is equally fast and convenient. So, yes. I think it's cool AND functional.

ROM
    AOKP

I would use it, but I like the quick camera access of the slider lockscreen. Low light is also a problem, but the pattern is fine

I use it all the time. I figure that it offers some protection and if I lose my phone some stranger is not likely to know what I look like nor have a photograph available that can be used to unlock it.

Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I used it at first but when its dark outside or youre in a car with low lighting its a pain waiting for the phone to not see anything and you have to enter your pin to unlock the phone. After going through that a few times i just left it alone.

I use it all the time. It's easy, fast, and nice when I'm carrying something in my other hand.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

you can hit the lock button when in low light conditions, it takes you directly to enter your code

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by radgatt View Post
    I used it at first but when its dark outside or youre in a car with low lighting its a pain waiting for the phone to not see anything and you have to enter your pin to unlock the phone. After going through that a few times i just left it alone.
    You don't have to wait....just tap the lock on the screen to bypass the facial recognition

Global Posts
    1,224 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

never

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    ROM
    BuglessBeast 4.1.1

I use it on mine. For some reason it takes a lot of heat since a picture can successfully unlock it, but it's pretty unlikely that a stranger would have a picture of you. However, a stranger can look at smudge patterns to figure out patterns/pins/passwords.

Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by marsdiamond View Post
    You don't have to wait....just tap the lock on the screen to bypass the facial recognition
    Still not as quick as just swyping the screen to unlock the phone.