Google Voice, bare with me here!

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
ok, i had a google voice number tied to my secondary gmail account. had that account on my old Dinc2 for google voice. the reason i didnt have it on my primary account is because i have a business apps account and at that time they didnt have google voice for apps.

ok, sold the Dinc. got my nex today. set up a new google voice number on my apps account. now when i installed voice on it and tried to activate it. i cant activate it. when it gets to activate number, it says your phone number could not be verified. is that because my cellular number is still tied to my old GV number? if so, how do i break my cell number from the old GV number. i know my cell number is still tied to my old GV number because i was out of a phone for a day or two and my GV app on my ipad still gave me all my messages.

so how do i break the tie from my cell number to my old GV number and set my cell number to my new GV number?

TIA

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure how to solve this entirely but I'll tell you where to start. Go to the Google Voice webpage and sign in with either of your accounts. Go to settings and see which numbers are linked to what account (you'll have to sign in and out to see both). From settings, you can delete phones too.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
small, thanks for the tip.

i just got it. it was actually a problem with the new google voice account setup was not completed. i must not have done the last part where it calls one of your forwarded numbers and asks you to enter 2 digit pin. when i went to the google voice page for the new account, i noticed that i had a voice account but it had a box for got voice number now. i went to my old GV account and saw that it had the actual GV number in that position. so i went back clicked get new number, searched for what i thought was my new GV number and low and behold, there it was available to pick, just finished the process and got it all done.

Reactions: Small_law