Will it play iTunes purchased content?

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I guess I should know the answer to this (but I don't). I've got gobs of iTunes videos over the years. Can I drag them to the internal card? I don't think my old BBs would play them.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I don't think they would play. Would need to convert them to a media type the nexus will play. There might be apps like mobo player or mx video player that support a bunch of files types. Try them out. Can't hurt to just try one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jscrush

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I took the files from my itunes folder and copied them into a folder listed on the phone. Cant remember the folder names but they were pretty obvious as i remember. Would have to retrace my steps if you need more info later when i can hook it up at home

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
As long as the music is DRM free, which I believe iTunes is now it should work, assuming they're not AAC format. You'll need to convert them if they are.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
As long as the music is DRM free, which I believe iTunes is now it should work, assuming they're not AAC format. You'll need to convert them if they are.
I'm pretty sure the Nexus will play AAC audio files. The DRM-free iTunes purchased format is MP3 I think. What I want is to play my purshased music videos. The video format that Apple uses is supported, but I don't know about the DRM part (I'm sure there is DRM on the videos).

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
iTunes music is either DRM-free AAC (all purchases for the past couple of years) or DRM Fairplay AAC. If it's DRM-free, it'll play just fine. Anything you've bought in the past couple years will be DRM-free and play without a problem.

Videos are an entirely different story. AFAIK, they are all copy-protected and won't play on anything without some work.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
+1 to torifile

If its iTunes purchased video, it will only play on an iPhone/iPad/iPod. If it's DRM free (they do have some completely useless free content on iTunes), it will play on the Nexus (and look like crap). If its just video formatted for iPhone, it will play on the Nexus (and look like crap).

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I did it no problem at all without any add on programs, Plug the phone into a PC then select sync digital media from the list that will come up, that will automatically open your Itunes saved albums. Then click and drag and drop each album to the column on the right side of the screen under Nexus, then click on the green sync icon in the Nexus column and thats it your done. Do this for each album. They will appear on the phone by clicking on the Music widget.

Last edited:

Polymira

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The OP is asking about video, not music.

Your purchased iTunes video will not work on any non-apple device, the video has DRM baked in preventing this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol