Thinking about making the jump..

CHIN087#AC

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, last android I had was a droid x and I switched back to iphone but I didn't like the lag and just a few things about blur bothered the crap out of me. Ive been watching all these reviews and reviewing specs... I really want the GN. I just don't want to sell my iphone if this thing isn't going to get the updates, has a laggy ui or OS. I'm going to the verizon store tomorrow to play around with it, but I would really appreciate some feedback from people who own this phone and deal with it on a daily basis. Let me hear it, good or bad feedback appreciated. Thanks! :)

plumhead

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I can guarantee you that you do not have to worry about updates with this phone. The fact that it's a Nexus means it is an official Google phone and you get updates directly from Google. As far as laggy ui, I can't speak for everybody but I have not had any issues whatsoever with this. It is just as fast and smooth as my fiancee's iphone 4. I came from a droid incredible which I loved to death but this phone blows it out of the water in just about every way.

JayMSY

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I had a DroidX for a year and a half...paid the early upgrade fee and got the nexus...LOVE this thing!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

sisblub

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Love it. Needed to tweak it a bit to get the battery life I needed but now that I get a full days worth of use with it I have absolutely mo complaints!

Each3

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I was actually in the same position as you I went from the Droid X to the iPhone 4 and now I have the Galaxy Nexus. Honestly Blur left a bad taste in my mouth and I was hesitant to try out another Android device but I have to admit I'm loving the Galaxy Nexus.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I had a DX(got it mid july ,2010) my account allowed me to update to Nexus and get a discount price on it ,sooo I did on Dec15th.
After updating to Nexus havent looked back . :D

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

maricopa1963

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Ex droid x user

No longer geting multiple texts!
Camera is good enough
Nexus is much faster
Even though i see no bars i get faster 3g.
Tons of ram

Over all its a no brainer for me!

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I had a DX(got it mid july ,2010) my account allowed me to update to Nexus and get a discount price on it ,sooo I did on Dec15th.
After updating to Nexus havent looked back . :D

Nexus is a great phone and I would easily chose it again over the iPhone, but Im not the biggest Apple fan either though.

I can tell you that switching home screens can sometimes chop a little, tiny tiny bit, and some active wallpapers make that chop more pronounced. Also the scrolling is very very good on the nexus but it still isnt quite up to par with the iphone, it does slouch behind just a tiny bit, but its very smooth.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Put it this way...I have a 4S, and I can't switch to it because I have a Nexus. I know if I do, I'll miss the Nexus. It'll feel like breaking up with a supermodel. :D

Reactions: CHIN087#AC

jpbass7

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Do it! Do it! Do it! :D

<PomPoms> In all seriousness, it is a beast of a phone. Fast, big, stable, and enjoying great developer support (and it has only been out for a month!). I understand some people have had issues, but that's true for any device, especially new ones. As with any online forum, I think the problems are over-represented. People with issues/concerns/problems/gripes/etc. tend to post (or start new threads) more frequently than those who are happy with the device (like me). </PomPoms>

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Overall the phone is nice but I do not like the low speaker output. Any body have the same issue?

My only complaint about that has been on some phone calls (mostly 1-800 #s) my speaker is a little muffled, but not to the point that it is unusable. Streaming music through the speaker sounds fine for me at home or in my office.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Has an HTC Incredible, which I liked. I've become an Apple Fanboy, my wife has an iPhone 4S. But I got the GN because of the big cool screen. It's been great (2 weeks). I like ICS too. Battery and signal strength fine (no 3G for me). She really bugged me to get the iPhone and hers seems excellent, but I have no regrets.

Reactions: CHIN087#AC

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Overall the phone is nice but I do not like the low speaker output. Any body have the same issue?

Install Volume+, the paid version, and you can override the artifically low maximum volume set by Samsung. Be careful, though, and don't pump it up too high right off the bat or you may blow your speakers.

Here's a link to the market where it's $1.62.

Here's a link to the developer's web site where he'll graciously let you download it for free.

CHIN087#AC

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I've been an apple fanboy - macbook, iphone, ipad, even thought about getting an apple tv lol... I was just so !@#&%^! disappointed by the 4S... I like where android started. OG droid. Vanilla. Pure Amazingness. After that, they started cranking out all these other devices and I'd humor them and pick one up every once in while when my iphone started getting old. DInc, DX, T-Bolt, Even gave the Bionic a try. They truly have IMO ruined the droid name. I despise motorola, but with this phone I won't have to sacrifice as much as I thought I had to with the past android phones compared to my iphone. *Correct me if I'm wrong, please* No bloatware, As good as or better than retina display, BIG SCREEN that's not a pentile, damn good processor AND ram for smoother experience... It just seems right.. Oh, and non stale OS :p

Anyone have anything else to add? Feedback or corrections. Thanks guys!

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've been an apple fanboy - macbook, iphone, ipad, even thought about getting an apple tv lol... I was just so !@#&%^! disappointed by the 4S... I like where android started. OG droid. Vanilla. Pure Amazingness. After that, they started cranking out all these other devices and I'd humor them and pick one up every once in while when my iphone started getting old. DInc, DX, T-Bolt, Even gave the Bionic a try. They truly have IMO ruined the droid name. I despise motorola, but with this phone I won't have to sacrifice as much as I thought I had to with the past android phones compared to my iphone. *Correct me if I'm wrong, please* No bloatware, As good as or better than retina display, BIG SCREEN that's not a pentile, damn good processor AND ram for smoother experience... It just seems right.. Oh, and non stale OS :p

Anyone have anything else to add? Feedback or corrections. Thanks guys!

I believe the GN screen actually is a pentile, but most people probably would never notice if they weren't looking really hard. Also, as a DInc owner (at least until Thursday or Friday when my Nexus arrives), I think the Droid Incredible is the only phone from the Droid line that was actually good, but that's of course just my opinion.

Shasta1914

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm a huge Apple fan and I came from an iPhone 3gs. I LOVE my Nexus. It's very fast, the screen is beautiful, it's bigger than an iPhone 4 but lighter. Battery life for me has been fine. I'm not in a 4G area so I know that makes a difference. Going from one to the other has small trade offs but i'm glad I got this phone.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Not going to lie, there has been a hiccup here and there but nothing that I haven't had with any other smart phone. Also my wife has a Verizon iPhone 4 and it has hiccups too. Now my wife will prob never leave the iPhone just because of how easy she thinks it is to use, first time I used a iPod I didn't agree that single home button always pisses me off!!!! Once you get to know the GN and ICS I think it is easier to use then iOS, just my 2 cents.

If you use what the phone does best, bad a$$ screen, and 4G LTE then yes the battery drains pretty fast. I can go through the battery in 3 to 4 hours easy if I'm constantly using it, and that is easy to do. But I can also get 10 hours by using it moderately.

I LOVE THIS PHONE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance