Bluetooth Not Connecting Automatically

mzdrati

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I searched the Galaxy Nexus forums, but did not see anything pertaining this topic.

I am having a problem with my Galaxy Nexus automatically connecting to my car's bluetooth when I turn on the car.

Bluetooth is enabled on the Nexus, and the car and phone are paired, and work fine sometimes. This morning I started the car and watched as the phone did not connect, so I shut the car off, shut the phone off and did a battery pull to restart the phone. When it restarted I started the car and the phone and car connected automatically as it should.

I AM using "AutomateIt" to automatically perform certain tasks that have to do with Bluetooth. I disabled it to see if it was causing a problem, but after the battery pull, it is connecting reliably whether AutomateIt is enabled or not. If the problem resurfaces, should I uninstall it to see if the problem disappears? I have it set up and it works reasonably well, so I hate to delete all of those settings and start over if that's not what's causing the problem.

Thanks

TONY:)

jcr2112

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
i have the same problem....90% of the time the phone connects automatically with the car sometimes not...its usually when i jump in the car, start it, then i will text or something like that the phone will.not connect...i just power off powee on and it works fine

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
It could be an installed app interfering. Or it could be the car's bluetooth. What is it connecting to?

I have no problem connecting automatically with Microsoft Sync on my Ford Edge so it does work the way it's supposed to in the right circumstances.

If I could only figure out how to make it stop playing Google Music when it connects I'd be a happy camper.

Brooke

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine started this today, connecting then disconnecting from the car. I thought a re-start of the car might fix it, but no. Re-start of the GN fixed it. Next time I'll try the Airplane Mode toggle ...

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I experience that with my bluetooth periodically too. It happens on the bionic as well. I will usually turn off the bluetooth on the phone and then back on.

Sent from one of the following: Nexus, Bionic, or Xoom using Tapatalk

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
This just started in the last two days for me. I use the T505 and the S9 HD from Motorola. The phone acts like it lost the "pairing" but on the T505 it won't play music or calls and when I turn off Bluetooth I hear "connection dropped". Battery pull seems to work but I will try airplane mode next.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Papasmerf

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for what may be a dumb question. I have my Nexus paired with my Altima, but it does not connect automatically. I have to actually turn it on when I get in the car and off when I get out to conserve battery. I've missed a few calls as I forget to turn it on sometimes in the car and forget about hearing it ring in my pocket. I've tried to go into Bluetooth settings and can't figure it out. Any help? Thanks!

Pr3mier

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
In my experience with the gnex Bluetooth, I have found that it will only automatically pair to the last device it was connected to. It becomes a bit frustrating if you use two bt devices, because you have to set them in pairing mode sometimes.

Zooks64

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been using A2DP Volume app to connect to my head unit in car. It does it more reliably than without the app. It will let you connect to multiple Bluetooth devices - phone and media.

It is worth a try.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

bdGDL08

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I experience that with my bluetooth periodically too. It happens on the bionic as well. I will usually turn off the bluetooth on the phone and then back on.

Sent from one of the following: Nexus, Bionic, or Xoom using Tapatalk

Same here. I have the power toggle bar on my home screen, so just toggle off, toggle on and it connects.

I only have one BT device, but it never connects automatically.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
With this phone i haven't experienced any difficulties getting it to connect. I have two devices paired with it. My Motorola Oasis and a CB radio that has Bluetooth in my truck.

defdc

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
This just started in the last two days for me. I use the T505 and the S9 HD from Motorola. The phone acts like it lost the "pairing" but on the T505 it won't play music or calls and when I turn off Bluetooth I hear "connection dropped". Battery pull seems to work but I will try airplane mode next.

Same with my T505. I bought another after giving my old on to my wife. Everything seemed to work better. Then I left it pair with my wife's iPhone, and now it's lost it's mind.

What seems to work best for pairing, for me, is to drive a few houses away before powering the T505 and make sure the wifi is shut off. Pair will work most of the time.

After upgraded to the 4.0.4 radio, the wifi doesn't seem to matter as much, but I now do it out of habit.

Kyle Hunt

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue with my Motorola Photon, Rooted with a different ROM each week and now with my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, not rooted, with both my car, 2013 Honda Civic SI, and my Bluetooth headset, jawbone icon. It will refuse to connect, even if I manually go in and trigger a connect, but will work fine for a few hours-days after a hard restart. I'll try airplane mode this afternoon and A2DP Volume as well.

It was working fine with my jawbone for 3-4 months and only started seeing problems about a week after getting my car so it may be related to having two different devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance