Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yosteve
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock for now

Default Handango, somehow on my phone

I dont understand how i ended up with handango market on my home screen, it just appeared. I didnt install it or download it. Its not in my app. Drawer or in manage apps cant find anywhere on my phone except an icon on my home screen. Deleted the icon and today recieved a notification. Anybody else have this happen to them.

Stock galaxy nexus

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

Default Re: Handango, somehow on my phone

Maybe it is connected to another app?
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    1,621 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Agree with dubge.. Probably connected to another app. I just had one the other day with some App I had on my Xoom. I have had the actual app forever, but some update that got pushed down stuck some crap on there that kept pushing me ads that would appear as notifications...

I could not tell what app it was at the time, but the program I downloaded to detect it was AirPush Detector. Right away it popped up and said it was 'Avid Planets' (I think...) I nuked the hell out of that program and the crap was gone.

Now, I don't know if that is what you have or not, but it wouldn't hurt to try. The thing that really sucks is that you can download an app one day.. then a month down the road it gets updated and you don't think anything of it and BAM, spyware/adware/crapware.. whatever.
    Thanked by 2:

Can you do the Handango...
    bigdaddytee likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Stock for now

It was related to another app. Mp3 downloader i found out they are called air push notifications. Downloaded an app called air push detector that find the notifications apps so you can uninstall them.

If it an app store, it is auto hijacked... Other kinds of programs work np.

Attn Moderator. I have this problem. It is a PUP. It hijacks any app browsing or downloading, so you CANT clean it up even if you found an app to do so!
    Think I could dl a cleaner on my puter and move it to the Nexus off the LAN?

I have this problem too, but I can't use Airpush blocker, so I don't know what app downloaded it. Does anyone know any other way to get rid of it??

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

I don't get ads anywhere using AdAway, but you must be rooted. Looks like some of these do not require root access. Might want to give one a shot.

This app has just appeared today on my phone, grr. I read Terms and Conditions for everything, but have no idea where this one came from or who it is affiliated with..

Quote Originally Posted by Dvdpancake View Post
    I dont understand how i ended up with handango market on my home screen, it just appeared. I didnt install it or download it. Its not in my app. Drawer or in manage apps cant find anywhere on my phone except an icon on my home screen. Deleted the icon and today recieved a notification. Anybody else have this happen to them.

Stock galaxy nexus

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    ROM
    changes all the time

if you are getting notification ads, lonpress on the notificatin, and choose app info. this will take you to the app that is doing it. you can uninstall, or block the app from accessing your notification bar.
    as for the home screen app ads, not sure there, some home launchers (nova, apex) allow longpressing and app info. but unsure if it would actually work with what is essentially an ad.
    You know your rooted when bootloops don't scare you anymore.