Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By p08757
  • 1 Post By TabGuy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Dropped phone, now what?

    I dropped my new galaxy nexus a few days after buying it. Well, not necessarily dropped, it fell out of my pocket when I fell while playing basketball, some small scrapes on 3 corners of the phone. Will this cause a problem if I need to trade it in for any sort of problem?
  2. #2  
    tntdroid's Avatar
    Droiderator

    Posts
    5,672 Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Nexus

    Default

    If you have the replacement warranty from Verizon I don't see why it would.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Dropped phone, now what?

    Could you explain more? How long does that warranty last? I had the extended Asurion one with my old phone but decided not to get it cause they changed the pricing and it was too expensive.
  4. #4  
    p08757's Avatar
    ** Superhero **

    Posts
    1,545 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,040 Global Posts

    Default Re: Dropped phone, now what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Erisdenile View Post
    Could you explain more? How long does that warranty last? I had the extended Asurion one with my old phone but decided not to get it cause they changed the pricing and it was too expensive.
    For warranty purposes, if Verizon/Samsung determine that the defect was a result of physical damage they may refuse a warranty exchange, or charge you for the ware on your phone after the warranty exchange. Warranty exchanges require that you have a near mint device.

    Asurion insurance claims will probably not care about physical damage.

    If its not too late, add the insurance and keep it, unless you have $600.00 to pay full price for a replacement.
    FrankXS likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Dropped phone, now what?

    ...... uh...insurance maybe?
  6. #6  
    edoublediz's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,145 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

    Default Re: Dropped phone, now what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Erisdenile View Post
    Could you explain more? How long does that warranty last? I had the extended Asurion one with my old phone but decided not to get it cause they changed the pricing and it was too expensive.
    damn that extra $2 a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it makes no sense to pay that much!

    Oh, wait a minute, what happened? oh well maybe that $2 isnt so bad!

    lesson learned.

    just take everybody's recommendation, add insurance and cheat the system. I will say there are alot of people on this forum that love to do this type of thing.
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  
    molinap1's Avatar

    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edizzle View Post
    damn that extra $2 a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it makes no sense to pay that much!

    Oh, wait a minute, what happened? oh well maybe that $2 isnt so bad!

    lesson learned.

    just take everybody's recommendation, add insurance and cheat the system. I will say there are alot of people on this forum that love to do this type of thing.
    The accidental damage insurance is $6.99. $1.99 is only manufacturer defect extension.
  8. #8  
    edoublediz's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,145 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

    Default Re: Dropped phone, now what?

    Quote Originally Posted by molinap1 View Post
    The accidental damage insurance is $6.99. $1.99 is only manufacturer defect extension.
    i understand. what i meant was he had insurance on his previous phone. the price increased so he dropped it. im not exactly sure how much but it couldn't have been more than $2 more
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Dropped phone, now what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Erisdenile View Post
    I dropped my new galaxy nexus a few days after buying it. Well, not necessarily dropped, it fell out of my pocket when I fell while playing basketball, some small scrapes on 3 corners of the phone. Will this cause a problem if I need to trade it in for any sort of problem?
    Dude, if you're going to play basketball with the phone in your pocket you NEED the full replacement coverage. Get it NOW before the 30 days are up.
    Terrigno likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Dropped phone, now what?

    Instead of paying 15$ a month for just one plan they now have 3 teirs starting at a one time charge of 85$ with very minimal coverage, 130$ after that
  11. #11  
    weboston's Avatar

    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

    Default Re: Dropped phone, now what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Erisdenile View Post
    Instead of paying 15$ a month for just one plan they now have 3 teirs starting at a one time charge of 85$ with very minimal coverage, 130$ after that
    what plans are you referring to?

    There's no mention of the "one time charge of 85$" plan here?
    Answers to FAQs about equipment insurance
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Dropped phone, now what?

    I believe it was the assurion ones, I went to a verizon store (called Spring Valley Wireless) and those plans were what they offered.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Dropped phone, now what?

    Quote Originally Posted by edizzle View Post
    damn that extra $2 a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it makes no sense to pay that much!

    Oh, wait a minute, what happened? oh well maybe that $2 isnt so bad!

    lesson learned.

    just take everybody's recommendation, add insurance and cheat the system. I will say there are alot of people on this forum that love to do this type of thing.
    it's $7/month for insurance to cover damage, and it's good to have for sure.

    to the OP, the answer to your question is yes. if you go to the wrong vzw store staffed by d-bags and you don't have damage insurance they may hassle you about a warranty issue. in that case, you could always try another store as verizon's cust serv varies greatly from one store to another.

Posting Permissions