Cases without cutouts for noise cancelling mic

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Public Service Announcement:

i have a friend with the first batch of Casemate's POP case and it did not have a cut out for the noise cancelling mic up to the right of the camera and flash. when i was speaking to him, he on his nex and i on mine, any time he put me on speaker i could barely speak because of the feedback i had through my speaker. i kept asking him what was going on and soon we narrowed it down to happening when he activated his speaker phone. i had him on my speakerphone as well but did not experience this problem. we discussed it for a while and tried to narrow down possibilities. What we ended up determining was that he had a case and i did not. i told him to remove his just for s and giggles and when he did it immediately worked properly. then we wanted to know why. he noticed the tiny notch in the battery cover and determined it was for the noise cancelling mic.

he contacted Casemate and sure enough the first batch did not have the hole for this mic. that is why the casemate pop is backordered everywhere right now and also why it is not on there website right now. they said samsung supplied them with some incorrect specs and that they should have the revised cases soon. next 2-3 weeks.

after we figured this out we noticed that several other cases did not have the hole in their case photos as well. so keep an eye out!!!

Reactions: jtmal0723

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC