GN vs Droid Charge, which one has "better" screen?

weboston

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

I am confused right now.... I own BOTH of these phones, yet I can't really say which screen I prefer.

The Droid Charge(deactivated from my Verizon acct) seems to have brighter, more saturated colors... and dare I say... the texts seem easier to read?

My new GN has a real nice screen, especially when playing 720p MKV movies, but that' about it. During normal uses, such as browsing the web or playing with apps, it seems some what harder to read the text... even when I enlarge the fonts. Or is this because the apps icons are larger?

Oh..... then there's the speaker... when playing the same piece of music(MP3 or FLAC), my old Dorid Charge sounds so much louder than my GN. :( (but I already knew about this issue even before I bought the GN)

ediddy406

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
with a dim backlight they are virtually similar IMO, but if you crank the backlight all the way up on the GNex it is far and above better than the Charge (I exchanged my Charge for a GNex)...so my vote goes to GNex...who knows, possible later updates could help this as well, or modding my root enthusiasts as well.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

I am confused right now.... I own BOTH of these phones, yet I can't really say which screen I prefer.

The Droid Charge(deactivated from my Verizon acct) seems to have brighter, more saturated colors... and dare I say... the texts seem easier to read?

My new GN has a real nice screen, especially when playing 720p MKV movies, but that' about it. During normal uses, such as browsing the web or playing with apps, it seems some what harder to read the text... even when I enlarge the fonts. Or is this because the apps icons are larger?

Oh..... then there's the speaker... when playing the same piece of music(MP3 or FLAC), my old Dorid Charge sounds so much louder than my GN. :( (but I already knew about this issue even before I bought the GN)

I also have the droid charge and use it as a wifi device. I agree it does look better than the nexus. I hold them side by side, both full brightness and the charge just looks better. Idk what it is the colors look better text look better. My friend has a infuse which is 4.5 inch amoled plus display and i held the nexus up to his and his almost blew the nexus away. I couldn't believe how crisp his screen was. Seems the plus really matters. I haven't found anything the nexus really looks better except maybe videos. I'm really disapointed in the Gn screen. :(

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I pick the Nexus. The 720p resolution is amazing.

However, it does run dim with auto brightness. Raise it a tad, and wow!

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I compared my GNex to my friend's Droid Charge using the same websites and applications, I still think the GNex blows a lot of phones out of the water.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Its like asking what's nicer a Mercedes or a Yugo? Gnex screen is the best screen on any mobile phone ever released

I want to believe that, but its just not true. I love this phone just wish they went with amoled plus instead of pentile. Everyone has a different opinion.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I just returned my Nexus and went back to my Charge. I also think the Charge display is better than the GN. I will say movies look better on the Nexus, but that's it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463