Music Pausing once recieved notification

enomix

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
If i Get a txt while playing a song in Google music it will pause the song , play the txt notification sound then resume the song... Should it not just blend into the background of the song without briefly pausing it?

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I also think it depends on the app. I have had different music apps handle it differently. But for the most part it pauses the music. My old Moto Q handled it the same way. I rather it just blend in, or just give a lil beep like phones use to do when you got a txt while on call.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I also think it depends on the app. I have had different music apps handle it differently. But for the most part it pauses the music. My old Moto Q handled it the same way. I rather it just blend in, or just give a lil beep like phones use to do when you got a txt while on call.

Yep, completely normal. Since the main place I use google music is in my car through my car's sound system I dont mind this at all. I never miss an email, text, or phone call because my music is too loud.

bbruin66

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys talking about pause, notification, resume?

Sometimes mine will just pause, and not resume, even if I have get a notification that is sent to silent.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
If i Get a txt while playing a song in Google music it will pause the song , play the txt notification sound then resume the song... Should it not just blend into the background of the song without briefly pausing it?

Nope. Android has been this way since the beginning. Its less elegant than the super quick fade out/in that iOS has, but it does the exact same thing.

Ryokurin

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It largely depends on the app. Some pause, some duck, and some play everything at the same volume. I find it very annoying, and for what I've found a lot of this depends on what OS the developer is trying to target as ducking support was added fairly recently.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Was watching amazon streaming video and I was able to get a text message notification without so much as a hiccup from the video.

But then I wanted to increase the volume using volume+ and came back to the browser refreshing and losing my place in the video. I seriously don't understand why more don't notice this fault that androids don't have.

lilnate

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
when driving i put my phone on silent so that it doesnt pause my pandora to play the notifcation...i do it mainly cause it messes up playing the notifcation sound kinda often by making it sound chopped and screwed....but i found that putting it on vibrate only keeps it from doing that....then notifcation lights and vibrate obviously just have to be monitored

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for pointing this out. I just got my GN2 this weekend. I'm a chronic phone switcher and had been using the iPhone 5 since October. Tonight while listening to music through my headphones the notifications were driving me nuts. Lol I should've thought to just put it on silent but it didn't occur to me. The forums come through for me again. :D

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

gadams999

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm a 5 year iOS user on day one using Android (S4 w/ 4.3). So there is no core audio services where a specific policy (pause, duck, mix) is applied, but it's up to the application?

Coming into work I was concerned the podcast player, Pocket Casts, was thrashing, but now I know it was because I had email alerts coming in from Gmail and Touchdown.

If the solution to turn off notifications works, does that affect the current app too? My normal use in the car is for Waze to be running with podcasts playing. I still like the travel alerts of Waze, but don't know if they not be played if notifications were turned off. Not fussed with audio pausing for alerts, as some are long and drown out content I'm listening to.

Android definitely is a different environment than iOS!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084