Power button failure

cwelnetz

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I had my first major issue with my nexus today, power button failure. The button only works about one out of fifty times I push it, as a result cannot be put to sleep or woken up. I took it back to Best Buy and they informed me all they can do is send it in and get me a replacement in three to five days since it has been over thirty days since purchase. It has been thirty five fricken days. Now I am stuck with a crappy non smart phone until who knows when.

aleis

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Dude is this your first smartphone?
you do know you can take it to verizon NOW and get another one probably tomorrow or saturday?

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Dude is this your first smartphone?
you do know you can take it to verizon NOW and get another one probably tomorrow or saturday?

You can't take it to Verizon if you bought it at Best Buy. The warranty is through Samsung, not Verizon so Verizon isn't gonna warranty something you bought from another retailer.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
You can't take it to Verizon if you bought it at Best Buy. The warranty is through Samsung, not Verizon so Verizon isn't gonna warranty something you bought from another retailer.

Not true. There's a manufacturer's warranty that is serviced through Verizon. ANY verizon customer that purchases a device from a VZW store or authorized retailer can go into a Verizon store and be issued a replacement device as long as they're still in warranty.

eth555

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
My power button failed today. This morning it was not responding well and now this afternoon it is pretty much worthless. Took it to a Verizon store and they are sending me a replacement. I do not know why I go back to VZW stores, they are pretty much worthless, would have been better off calling *611 and saving myself the trip. Apparently the power button failure issue is common on Samsung phones.

Salacon

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I've actually run into this myself. Sometimes when I press the button, the screen won't turn on; it will take a few presses to finally work. If I wasn't being so lazy, I'd go into Verizon and see what they'd do, but I just haven't taken the time.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Not that it's an excuse or a fix but people install power button apps so the can wake or turn off their phones in other ways (the thought is to preserve the most pressed button).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci