had my first random shutoff...

macmitten

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I've owned the phone since around launch time and have had about 3 random reboots, none during any critical operations or phone calls. Not even close to a deal-breaker for me, overall very satisfied with the phone.

Although the keyboard lag in horizonal position is still very annoying.

agreed! Very laggy

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

CutlaSS

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I had my first random shutoff too the other day.
In a potentially unrelated issue I was on the subway (had no cell service) and while listening to music the phone would dial *2289 by itself.......3 times. Had to end the call restart the music and then a bit later it would do it again. I had to put it in airplane mode - that seemed to make it stop and it hasn't happened since. Don't like the thing just dialing all by itself. Wonder if it would have done it if I had cell service.
This buggy ass phone better get fixed in an update soon. I regret "upgrading" to this turd on a daily basis.

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Had my first the other day and Iv'e bought mine since launch day. I don't know if it was because I was going through a lot of apps at once and it was getting hot too. Anyway it just never happened to me before. Not a deal breaker. still love my phone.

SHWELL

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Do any of you folks who are seeing random reboots have Osmos installed? I had seen occasional device crashes before (mostly the listening-to-music-while-plugged-into-the-wall bug that's on the google boards), but after installing Osmos I saw 4 crashes in under 24 hours before I removed the game. Only one of those was while playing; the other three were completely random. It seems like the game is improperly executing when it's inactive in the background, maybe?

(And it's a shame, as I really like the game and wish I could leave it installed.)

No, never heard of it. I dont have many apps installed. But I did uninstall a few yesterday.. Waiting to see if it makes a difference or not.

808phoneaddict

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
No, never heard of it. I dont have many apps installed. But I did uninstall a few yesterday.. Waiting to see if it makes a difference or not.

There seems to be a bunch of apps causing random reboots... JuiceDefender was doing it for me... There was another one, altho i forgot which one it was, installed it, a few days later I discovered it was randomly rebooting so i uninstalled the app and it stopped...

Galaxy Nexus in the house via Tapatalk!!!

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had two random reboots. One on stock with 4.02 radio, and one today with 4.03 radio running AOkp build 21.

But, its a far cry from the thunderbolt days of hit and miss radio versions.

At least i haven't had the random shut down /no reboot. that's how ya miss work in the morning.

Pghdroidette

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine only seems to do a random rebooting when Im charging it overnight. I woke up a couple nights ago wondering what on earth those kaleidoscope colors in the night were. Finally realized it was just another weekly random night reboot. But my Motorola Droid Xs did it non stop...like 2-5 times a day randomly. So this is nothing to me.

mjd9ball

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I've had many reboots since purchasing on launch day. I haven't freaked out yet because as pointed out, its a new phone, a new OS, old apps on a new OS, new apps on a new OS, etc...

Some updates to both the OS and apps will get things stabilized. Remember that bleeding edge can be messy sometimes...

wassct

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
My wife's Nexus has had frequent reboots while I have only had one. We have both had our phones since launch day. If I were a betting man, folks having reboot issues including my wife probably have an app or apps not playing nicely with ICS. The offending app is probably running in the background and causes the GNex to reboot. So, if you can find the offending app and uninstall it, you might fix the issue. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12