Google voice question

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
This is not specific to the GNex but there is a lot of traffic in this forum so here goes.

I have Google voice to text people I don't want having my real #. Is there a way to set up contact's to use Google voice to make calls to those people as well? I don't want to set it up to ask me every time with the pop up to use Google voice or not. I want it to use Google voice for specific contacts. Is? His possible??

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This is not specific to the GNex but there is a lot of traffic in this forum so here goes.

I have Google voice to text people I don't want having my real #. Is there a way to set up contact's to use Google voice to make calls to those people as well? I don't want to set it up to ask me every time with the pop up to use Google voice or not. I want it to use Google voice for specific contacts. Is? His possible??

I don't think it can be done with just the stock Contacts app or the Google Voice app. Back when I used Google Voice to make calls to particular people on my Droid Incredible, I used Voice Choie (https://market.android.com/details?...ult#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS52b2ljZXBsdXMiXQ..) to designate specific numbers to dial with Google Voice. It integrated pretty seamlessly.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

If you have the google voice app installed open that up then go into menu, settings, look for making calls select that then choose the option for use Google voice for all calls. When you order that anybody that you call will see your google voice number and not your phones number on their caller id.

Last edited:

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it can be done with just the stock Contacts app or the Google Voice app. Back when I used Google Voice to make calls to particular people on my Droid Incredible, I used Voice Choie (https://market.android.com/details?...ult#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS52b2ljZXBsdXMiXQ..) to designate specific numbers to dial with Google Voice. It integrated pretty seamlessly.

This looks like it will do exactly what I want, thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the tip. Wanted something like this ever since I started using Google Voice.

Sent from my Jelly Bean-equipped Galaxy Nexus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12