1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google voice question

This is not specific to the GNex but there is a lot of traffic in this forum so here goes.

I have Google voice to text people I don't want having my real #. Is there a way to set up contact's to use Google voice to make calls to those people as well? I don't want to set it up to ask me every time with the pop up to use Google voice or not. I want it to use Google voice for specific contacts. Is? His possible??

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Google voice question

Quote Originally Posted by allan1313 View Post
    This is not specific to the GNex but there is a lot of traffic in this forum so here goes.

I have Google voice to text people I don't want having my real #. Is there a way to set up contact's to use Google voice to make calls to those people as well? I don't want to set it up to ask me every time with the pop up to use Google voice or not. I want it to use Google voice for specific contacts. Is? His possible??

I don't think it can be done with just the stock Contacts app or the Google Voice app. Back when I used Google Voice to make calls to particular people on my Droid Incredible, I used Voice Choie (..) to designate specific numbers to dial with Google Voice. It integrated pretty seamlessly.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by allan1313 View Post

If you have the google voice app installed open that up then go into menu, settings, look for making calls select that then choose the option for use Google voice for all calls. When you order that anybody that you call will see your google voice number and not your phones number on their caller id.
    Last edited by PaulDroidR2D2; 01-21-2012 at 01:06 AM.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by yapkuen View Post
    I don't think it can be done with just the stock Contacts app or the Google Voice app. Back when I used Google Voice to make calls to particular people on my Droid Incredible, I used Voice Choie (..) to designate specific numbers to dial with Google Voice. It integrated pretty seamlessly.
    This looks like it will do exactly what I want, thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It worked just how I wanted it to. Thanks yap!!

Also, check out voice choice.... it creates a while list or black list of callers to use just for GV

Global Posts
    11,772 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by yapkuen View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Wanted something like this ever since I started using Google Voice.

Sent from my Jelly Bean-equipped Galaxy Nexus