Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default How long can Verizon keep replacing crack/lost GN with new ones?

    Verizon(or more precisely, Assurion) sent me a new GN phone when mine was damaged. It had slipped out of my clumsy hands and landed on the floor.(tiles) I filed the claim online around 4PM(PST) and a shipping notice email arrived in less than 4 hours. FedEx driver delivered it to me around 10AM the very next morning. Total time was less than 17 hour. I was pleasantly surprised that it was new.

    How long can they(Verizon or Assurion) keep replacing cracked/lost/damaged GN with new ones? I imagine that once they get some used GN phone in, they'll simply repair or refurbish those and send them out. How long does this usually start happening after a new phone has been introduced?

    One nice bonus is that Assurion told me NOT to ship back the accessories or the battery. They only want the damaged GN. So I now have an extra battery and charger. Very nice.

    Of course, for the 7-dollar monthly fee, I guess that's to be expected, right? This is the very first time I've broken a phone. Hopefully, it's the last time.
  2. #2  
    brandonx1000's Avatar
    rule the air.

    Posts
    760 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts

    Default Re: How long can Verizon keep replacing crack/lost GN with new on

    usually around 90 days
  3. #3  
    pauldroidr2d2's Avatar

    Posts
    2,609 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tropicdonut View Post
    Verizon(or more precisely, Assurion) sent me a new GN phone when mine was damaged. It had slipped out of my clumsy hands and landed on the floor.(tiles) I filed the claim online around 4PM(PST) and a shipping notice email arrived in less than 4 hours. FedEx driver delivered it to me around 10AM the very next morning. Total time was less than 17 hour. I was pleasantly surprised that it was new.

    How long can they(Verizon or Assurion) keep replacing cracked/lost/damaged GN with new ones? I imagine that once they get some used GN phone in, they'll simply repair or refurbish those and send them out. How long does this usually start happening after a new phone has been introduced?

    One nice bonus is that Assurion told me NOT to ship back the accessories or the battery. They only want the damaged GN. So I now have an extra battery and charger. Very nice.

    Of course, for the 7-dollar monthly fee, I guess that's to be expected, right? This is the very first time I've broken a phone. Hopefully, it's the last time.
    How can you tell it is new?

    Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: How long can Verizon keep replacing crack/lost GN with new on

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    How can you tell it is new?

    Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.
    after I filed the claim on line, I called them. The rep told me it would be new, since they haven't had any refurbished phones yet.

    when it arrived it was in brand new Samsung box completely with everything.
    Thanked by:
  5. #5  

    Default Re: How long can Verizon keep replacing crack/lost GN with new on

    Mine came new as well. All OE packaging, Battery, charger, the whole deal. Glad I dropped mine when I did! Although I have had good luck with refurb in the past as well
  6. #6  

    Default Re: How long can Verizon keep replacing crack/lost GN with new on

    Quote Originally Posted by tropicdonut View Post
    after I filed the claim on line, I called them. The rep told me it would be new, since they haven't had any refurbished phones yet.

    when it arrived it was in brand new Samsung box completely with everything.

    the vzw reps always claim newly released phones are replaced with new ones because "refurbs aren't available yet." that's usually true, but only in the first 2-3 weeks-tops.

    the GN's been out long enough that most likely refurbs are out and about now.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: How long can Verizon keep replacing crack/lost GN with new on

    Quote Originally Posted by DancesWithFarts View Post
    the vzw reps always claim newly released phones are replaced with new ones because "refurbs aren't available yet." that's usually true, but only in the first 2-3 weeks-tops.

    the GN's been out long enough that most likely refurbs are out and about now.
    probably... but the new replacement GN that they sent me arrived on 1/21. The GN was released 12/15.
    5+ weeks and they're still sending out new ones.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: How long can Verizon keep replacing crack/lost GN with new on

    The replacement that I received on Friday, 1/20, appears to be a refurb though you couldn't tell by looking at it--it looks untouched. I am assuming it is a refurb since all I got was the device in a FedEx box (no OEM packaging at all).
  9. #9  
    anthony2558's Avatar

    Posts
    1,272 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,279 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Usually a refurb will have a sticker with a date on it, in the area were u insert the battery.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  10. #10  

    Default Re: How long can Verizon keep replacing crack/lost GN with new on

    Quote Originally Posted by tropicdonut View Post
    probably... but the new replacement GN that they sent me arrived on 1/21. The GN was released 12/15.
    5+ weeks and they're still sending out new ones.
    How do you know its new
  11. #11  

    Default Re: How long can Verizon keep replacing crack/lost GN with new on

    I received a refurb last Friday the 20th. Looks new, but it was def. a refurb. So they do have refurb's and they are sending them out.
    Thanked by:
  12. #12  

    Default Re: How long can Verizon keep replacing crack/lost GN with new on

    I'm not sure how many replacements you can get for damaging/dropping/water phones. I would bet that there's a limit on losing the phone (1). It's probably in the fine print but I think it's possible to activate a "lost" phone on a different carrier even if Verizon shuts it down.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: How long can Verizon keep replacing crack/lost GN with new on

    Quote Originally Posted by thebignewt View Post
    I'm not sure how many replacements you can get for damaging/dropping/water phones. I would bet that there's a limit on losing the phone (1). It's probably in the fine print but I think it's possible to activate a "lost" phone on a different carrier even if Verizon shuts it down.
    The limit is 2 per year.

    By the way, what you're suggesting is a felony(insurance fraud). It hurts both the insurance companies and consumers who buy phone insurance.

    I glad pay the $7 per month because I want to be protected against accidental damage, loss, theft. If people commit phone insurance fraud, it will eventually cause the insurance company to raise rates or reduce coverage.
    Thanked by:
  14. #14  
    JoeNM84's Avatar

    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    454 Global Posts

    Default Re: How long can Verizon keep replacing crack/lost GN with new on

    Quote Originally Posted by thebignewt View Post
    I'm not sure how many replacements you can get for damaging/dropping/water phones. I would bet that there's a limit on losing the phone (1). It's probably in the fine print but I think it's possible to activate a "lost" phone on a different carrier even if Verizon shuts it down.
    If I understand how these phones work on Verizon is that I don't think there is any other network a Verizon Galaxy Nexus would work on. Since they are CDMA and their LTE phones don't work with other networks' LTE, no roaming is even possible at the moment.
  15. #15  
    Schwermzilla's Avatar

    Posts
    46 Posts
    ROM
    Simplex Rom 1.3

    Default Re: How long can Verizon keep replacing crack/lost GN with new on

    Quote Originally Posted by thebignewt View Post
    I'm not sure how many replacements you can get for damaging/dropping/water phones. I would bet that there's a limit on losing the phone (1). It's probably in the fine print but I think it's possible to activate a "lost" phone on a different carrier even if Verizon shuts it down.
    There is a cost per year that you can't exceed, it roughly equates to 2 phones, I think its around 1200 dollars per year. Something like that i believe.
  16. #16  
    pauldroidr2d2's Avatar

    Posts
    2,609 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default Re: How long can Verizon keep replacing crack/lost GN with new on

    Quote Originally Posted by tropicdonut View Post
    Verizon(or more precisely, Assurion) sent me a new GN phone when mine was damaged. It had slipped out of my clumsy hands and landed on the floor.(tiles) I filed the claim online around 4PM(PST) and a shipping notice email arrived in less than 4 hours. FedEx driver delivered it to me around 10AM the very next morning. Total time was less than 17 hour. I was pleasantly surprised that it was new.

    How long can they(Verizon or Assurion) keep replacing cracked/lost/damaged GN with new ones? I imagine that once they get some used GN phone in, they'll simply repair or refurbish those and send them out. How long does this usually start happening after a new phone has been introduced?

    One nice bonus is that Assurion told me NOT to ship back the accessories or the battery. They only want the damaged GN. So I now have an extra battery and charger. Very nice.

    Of course, for the 7-dollar monthly fee, I guess that's to be expected, right? This is the very first time I've broken a phone. Hopefully, it's the last time.
    An insurance claim is different than Verizon sending you a replacement phone. Verizon also has a stock of Certified Like New devices that they will send out to customers. Sometimes they are new, while other times they are basically rebuilt phones. New bodies on them, but relatively the same "motor" inside.

    Assurian is a separate company.

Posting Permissions

B