Nova Launcher updated, awesome new feature

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It must have been in the last update but they made the ability to edit folder icons so now you don't have to always have the stacked icon picture.

It may not be much but my home screen now looks a lot cleaner.

Which brings the point why aren't Google updates sent like app updates. Even PC updates are sent whenever they're available. Why wait for a big change when people could benefit from little changes.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Guess there's more, allow to remove the line of the app drawer, and infinite scroll between home screens. I love this, made my phone so much more customizable. Now if I can get that bottom part to hide too ;)

185dbd5b-0fc3-23ef.jpg

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Which brings the point why aren't Google updates sent like app updates. Even PC updates are sent whenever they're available. Why wait for a big change when people could benefit from little changes.

The latest version of Nova (beta 13) introduced some problems I hadn't seen before. Frequently, when I press the app drawer button I get a blank screen. Completely blank. There's not even a notification bar.

Also, it appears to be much more sluggish than previous versions.

Additionally, when I press the home button twice I've got it set set to show a preview of all 5 of my screens. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

All of these bugs are new and never happened before.

And THAT is why I hope Google never releases OSes like the app developers do.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I bet these launchers aren't optimized for ICS. I used to use LauncherPro (free version) on my Incredible, but haven't bothered with it for the GN yet. I'm waiting awhile. The native ICS launcher isn't bad at all.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I bet these launchers aren't optimized for ICS. I used to use LauncherPro (free version) on my Incredible, but haven't bothered with it for the GN yet. I'm waiting awhile. The native ICS launcher isn't bad at all.

You'd lose that bet. Nova is based on the source code for the native ICS launcher.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
You'd lose that bet. Nova is based on the source code for the native ICS launcher.
Who do I pay? Seriously, is the app worth it (I assume it's a pay), or is it not ready for prime time (I'm not rooted)? I thought Launcher Pro looked pretty cool in the Incredible.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Additionally, when I press the home button twice I've got it set set to show a preview of all 5 of my screens. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Do you have it set for show screens? The first click gets you home the second shows the screens.

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I keep hearing about Nova launcher. So what can this do that the stock can not? I have not seen any problems with the stock launcher, does this improve usability?

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I keep hearing about Nova launcher. So what can this do that the stock can not? I have not seen any problems with the stock launcher, does this improve usability?

It allows more home screens, change in number of rows and columns, swipe the app drawer, swipe in cube mode, change the icon of any shortcut (or folder), toggle the notification bar, allow rotate in the home screen, shortcuts to settings or files.

None of it is really required for the phone but it makes it more customizable.

Edit, forgot why I got it. To get rid of the search bar on every screen.

Last edited:

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
another great feature is that it can back up your current layout and settings. great for those of us that like to flash new ROMS.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Love Nova Launcher!!!!! Very good software. One question, why cant i activate widgets in drawer feature? it says that it requires root to use and i definitely have root! im not real interested in the feature just more curious as to why it is not showing available since i am rooted.

takehull

Hipster Retro Jelly Bean
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Love Nova Launcher!!!!! Very good software. One question, why cant i activate widgets in drawer feature? it says that it requires root to use and i definitely have root! im not real interested in the feature just more curious as to why it is not showing available since i am rooted.

You need to install it into your /system folder to activate the Widgets within the app drawer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Going to install later and give it a try. Looks like it adds a lot of helpful things and will make ICS even better.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Kinda glad Nova Launcher came preinstalled on the Rom I'm using .I'd like to see them add a setting to hide the clock in the notification bar tho,but maybe in furture updates ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar