HDR Camera+, why did I wait

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
So I saw this as a app to get before I even got the my phone (GN is my first Android, coming from BB) but I did get it until last week. I heard how great it was and even saw some examples but keep putting it off. But WOW what a difference this app makes! Of course it won't be the best for every kind of picture but it gives so much more detail then the GN camera app! I can't stop playing with it, even with the flash it does some cool pics.

Here are some sample pictures I have taken just to show the difference. The first pic will be GN camera app, and 2nd pic is HDR Camera+
If you don't have it you should get it.

HDR +

HDR +

HDR +

Flash

Flash with HDR +

HDR +

HDR +

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I played with it and I think I was in very low light conditions because I couldn't tell the difference. But your pics display a radical difference and thus the app deserves a 2nd look! Nice Job!

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Whoa...that looks like a pretty major improvement. When I take pics, they seem to come out blurry like the lens is dirty or something.

I will check out HDR...thanks for the tip.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I found this app listed in the Let's get an app list going thread some time ago. It does, indeed, provide a huge world of difference in marginal lighting conditions. Indoor shots with marginal to decent lighting really get a huge improvement.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
HDR is a great camera app, for certain subjects (still objects and amazing landscape shots). It works well for almost everything except portraits. It does fine for people when they are at a distance, but up close, it way over saturates the skin and leaves it looking pretty ruff. It does work well on all phones.

Nice cigar, by the way.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
HDR is a great camera app, for certain subjects (still objects and amazing landscape shots). It works well for almost everything except portraits. It does fine for people when they are at a distance, but up close, it way over saturates the skin and leaves it looking pretty ruff. It does work well on all phones.

Nice cigar, by the way.

mmmmmm i dont know about that. I just purchased this app because I was blown away at how much different things looked. After I bought it I did a self portrait comparison. Take a look for yourself.

Excuse the idiot look im giving myself. It was just a test. You can clearly see which one was hdr and which wasnt. I held each as still as i could while shooting.

Reactions: VickMackey#AC

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Free one is just HDR Camera. I was wondering what the difference was as well.

EDIT: a google search pulled up that the free version only takes 3 samples instead of 5, and it does not allow flash use.

As listed on the non-plus version, the plus (paid) version gives you:
- Adjust tone mapping parameters on-the-fly
- Geo tagging
- Flash control
- Shutter mute (on some models)

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Two quick questions:

Reading through market comments, it seems that people are having issues when they want to quickly access the pictures in their gallery or just after taking a picture. Are these valid complaints or does it take some time for the app to process the photos?

I already have Vignette and while I know it is a great app for all the different filters you can apply, are there any filters which would compare to HDR Camera+?

I know, it's only $4 but figured I would ask anyway.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Two quick questions:

Reading through market comments, it seems that people are having issues when they want to quickly access the pictures in their gallery or just after taking a picture. Are these valid complaints or does it take some time for the app to process the photos?

I already have Vignette and while I know it is a great app for all the different filters you can apply, are there any filters which would compare to HDR Camera+?

The first couple days I used it I had no problems at all, then I think I did a update and had this issues. But the pictures do so up. I have yet to take a picture that was lost. You either have to wait or turn phone off and back on.

anon(25362)

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Two quick questions:

I have tried Vignette a few times and the thing crashes on my G Nexus can't get it to take a photo - anyone else have this problem? I rebooted the phone to try and get vig. stable no luck? HDR Camera app looks good will try.

PowerThroughLove

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I tried it. Huge difference, but way oversaturated. Made a dull yellow shirt look like the brightest yellow I have ever seen. I want accuracy, so not for me.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Nice cigar, by the way.

I love my cigars, cool band on that one but cigar was just ok haha.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Camera 360 is free and it's HDR features are excellent.

Also, for fixing shots after the fact I can highly recommend Photo Enhancer Pro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech