HDR Camera+, why did I wait

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if hdr+ works with the camera shortcut on the lock screen? I use it all the time, would be a draw back if it didn't work from there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus with god mode enabled.

funkyreuben

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
If you're like me and you "buy" the amazon free app everyday but don't install them, you may be pleasantly surprised to see that you already have the paid version. I was about to pull the trigger when I decided to see if there was any price difference on the Amazon Appstore and there it was waiting for me. Testing it now.

Chris

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
If you're like me and you "buy" the amazon free app everyday but don't install them, you may be pleasantly surprised to see that you already have the paid version. I was about to pull the trigger when I decided to see if there was any price difference on the Amazon Appstore and there it was waiting for me. Testing it now.

Chris

I must have missed that day, I didnt have it in my Amazon app list. I do the same thing as long as the app sounds interesting or useful at some point.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
mmmmmm i dont know about that. I just purchased this app because I was blown away at how much different things looked. After I bought it I did a self portrait comparison. Take a look for yourself.

Excuse the idiot look im giving myself. It was just a test. You can clearly see which one was hdr and which wasnt. I held each as still as i could while shooting.

I have to admit, the HDR shot looks much better. I remember taking one outside in pretty bright light and didn't like the way it came out at all. I'll give it anther try under a few different lighting conditions.

funkyreuben

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I tried it out and unless I'm doing something wrong, it's nowhere near as fast as the stock camera. It's much longer to take a picture and then there is a processing delay. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Chris

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I tried it out and unless I'm doing something wrong, it's nowhere near as fast as the stock camera. It's much longer to take a picture and then there is a processing delay. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Chris

If I remember correctly (and I could be wrong), it actually takes 3 images (one underexposed, one overexposed and on in the middle), then merges the 3 into a single image. So yeah, I would expect it to take longer. You would want to use this app not to take a fast shot, but to get a shot that is just right.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I tried the free version and have these observations...

- It does good work in dim light, albeit very grainy.
- Like all HDR it's not useful for motion shots
- There appears to be no zoom.
- A nag screen after every shot. Really?

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried the free version and have these observations...

- It does good work in dim light, albeit very grainy.
- Like all HDR it's not useful for motion shots
- There appears to be no zoom.
- A nag screen after every shot. Really?

The nag screen is only in the free version. The paid version is only 4 bucks and worth it if you like the way the images look.

Yeah they can tend to be saturated, but in the paid version (might be in the free version too idk) You can adjust the amount of saturation in the pic from light, medium, and heavy (default is medium) This isnt an app for true shot lovers, just people who want a nice looking pic on facebook or whatnot.

radsaq

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
With the default settings the images look a bit overcooked. Turning the local contrast down (but leaving microcontrast at normal) seems to result in more natural-looking images that still have a good amount of pop.

Reactions: greyhd

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
In order to get rid of the oversaturation, you can also adjust the color-vividness to "pure".

What I have found after a bunch of experimenting is that it does better than the stock camera in good light. The colors are better and the fine detail is much better. But, in low light situations, you might get more "sharpness", but it doesn't handle dark areas very well, they are very grainy and even blotchy in places. I prefer the smoother and more natural look of the stock camera in low light.

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the app and use it as often as I can, just hard to get the kids to sit still since it takes 4-5 seconds to take the 3 shots it combines. It is a great app. It does add some serious vibrance to photos but there are plenty of settings (I have not used them yet) that looks like it will adjust that and not make the photos look so extreme (the colors).

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Two quick questions:

Reading through market comments, it seems that people are having issues when they want to quickly access the pictures in their gallery or just after taking a picture. Are these valid complaints or does it take some time for the app to process the photos?

I already have Vignette and while I know it is a great app for all the different filters you can apply, are there any filters which would compare to HDR Camera+?

I know, it's only $4 but figured I would ask anyway.

Great questions, you are obviously a gentleman and a scholar. To answer one of them, Vignette accomplishes this with an effect called Fake HDR so there's no need for you to go out and buy the HDR Camera+. In the future though, you may want to test this out, since you already have Vignette, before asking the question.

Really loving that avatar too, looks a lot better than the one TabGuy is using.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have trouble with the stock camera after using HDR Camera+? After I use HDR C+ my stock camera takes pictures but will not store them anywhere. I panicked at first but now see that after using HDR C+ if I want my stock camera to store pictures I have to go into the camera settings and select reset defaults.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have trouble with the stock camera after using HDR Camera+? After I use HDR C+ my stock camera takes pictures but will not store them anywhere. I panicked at first but now see that after using HDR C+ if I want my stock camera to store pictures I have to go into the camera settings and select reset defaults.

I have not had that problem at all, now sometimes when I take pics with HDR app the pics don't show up anywhere. Turn the phone off and back on and the pictures are there. I know also that HDR has been updated a couple times lately and it seems to be doing better.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
My pics show up in the camera folder but you have to swipe a hundred times to get to them because they're put at the very end.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I made a separate folder to store pics taken with her camera+ and that took care of the name sorting that pushes the pics to the back of the folder.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk