HDR Camera+, why did I wait

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Picture taken only moments apart, one with stock the other with HDR. The HDR is much more vibrant and crisp, especially if you view in original resolution (not as scaled by the upload manager).

HDR Photo:
attachment.php

Stock Camera Photo:
attachment.php

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
This is my first time reading up on alternative camera apps, including HDR Camera +. Seeing the pics in the first post reminds me of people who prefer their HDTVs set to torch/vivid modes because of the edge enhancement, contrast boosting and oversaturated colors. For some of the pictures it definitely has a benefit, but most of those pics are pretty garish with the EE and unnatural colors.

Brandon

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
This is my first time reading up on alternative camera apps, including HDR Camera +. Seeing the pics in the first post reminds me of people who prefer their HDTVs set to torch/vivid modes because of the edge enhancement, contrast boosting and oversaturated colors. For some of the pictures it definitely has a benefit, but most of those pics are pretty garish with the EE and unnatural colors.

Brandon

You can change the settings to natural color. That way they are not over saturated but you still get a crisper picture.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to decide between this app and Pro HDR Camera. Has anyone tried that one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to decide between this app and Pro HDR Camera. Has anyone tried that one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I read the comments on those two app pages in the Market. I saw more "less positive" comments on the Pro HDR page. I think I remember mentions of slow fixes and updates with the Pro HDR.

I chose HDR Camera+. :cool:

Reactions: jsarino

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty interested in making my pictures even better. I just read a little about HDR since that is new to me. Based on some of the comments here, I want to check my understanding.

Post-processing cannot give everything that HDR gives, correct? We can do some of it, but without the 3 pics getting merged to one, there is less to work with non-HDR?

I got three boys to take pictures of. Not sure slower picture taking will work out too well, but it might be a great option for stills.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I got three boys to take pictures of. Not sure slower picture taking will work out too well, but it might be a great option for stills.

Yeah, kids and pets are tough even with a real camera. I use Stock, Camera Zoom FX, and HDR Camera+ just to give me more options and tools.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tips! I just may go with the HDR Camera + :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about Pro HDR, but HDR Camera + has no flash.

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the free version and in the upgrade to + area it says that the paid version does have flash.

I have to say after playing with HDR Camera for just a short time that it really is a nice app, it improved the quality of the pics 100% and even gave sharp clear pics of flowers that were blowing in the wind.
I'm pretty impressed and probably will buy it.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
HDR Camera+ sure does have flash, I'm looking at the setting right now.

My bad...I thought I had read on reviews that there wasn't a flash. I guess I should just pull the trigger and get this. :) I was on the fence because of the flash.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Tried to upgrade and I am getting an error that's not available. Any ideas?

Same here,I decided to upgrade but when I click buy in the playstore link it says"error item not found".

Update: I just purchased it. It now shows up in the market.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I have been impressed with the results I have gotten. Even for this shot with a moving target... My 21 month old has a ghost of his own head coming out his rear. Who knew? :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad