Did I bend my Micro USB Port on Galaxy Nexus

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Just got a galaxy nexus last week. I was skiing yesterday and using MyTracks to record my day on the slopes.

Well, since the battery life isn't so great, I used a Duracell portable charger in the afternoon to give me some juice. I figured it would be OK, but when I later pulled the phone out of my jacket pocket, the Duracell microusb end that goes into the phone was bent at a 90 degree angle towards the back of the phone. The MicroUSB cable actually broke and i had to pull out the remainder of the MicroUSB from the phone with my teeth since I couldn't grab it with my fingers.

I didn't pay enough attention earlier to know if I'm right or wrong, but it seems like if I look at the phone from the side, the USB cable is not parallel to the body any longer, it angles downwards a bit. Also SEEMS like the USB is slightly looser / has more jostle, but I might just be overanalyzing.

Anyone care to take a side profile shot of their phone with the USB plugged in so I can do a compare? I only have one camera here but I will try to shoot it later to show how it looks. I'm nervous I bent out the port a bit.

fuckverizon

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happened to mine. It's not like you could have done anything i mean its the usb port its their fault they sold you a ****ty product. I've had about enough of this piece of ****. Gonna go down to verizon and raise **** till they give me either a new phone or fix it for free. Or maybe I'll join Team iPhone.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happened to mine. It's not like you could have done anything i mean its the usb port its their fault they sold you a ****ty product. I've had about enough of this piece of ****. Gonna go down to verizon and raise **** till they give me either a new phone or fix it for free. Or maybe I'll join Team iPhone.
They will offer you the Rezound as a replacement.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
oh my. If the connection is bent or dropped while the cable is in and the usb port is damaged its a bad design? Ya, and cars are badly designed when you hit a telephone pole and they get a dent.

To the OP, my phone dropped and hit on the connected cable. The cable has an issue but not the phone. With the phone connected to a computer it will drop and gain the connection as I move the phone. When connected to a good cable that does not happen. It may be the cable. That is weaker than the port in the phone.