Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mastaking
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google+ instant upload

I read that instant upload sends pictures to the on your phone album. And that the on your phone album can only be seen by you unless you choose to share them.

Can anyone verify this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts

Default Re: Google+ instant upload

That is how it works for me. Kind of annoying if you take a number of pictures of the same thing trying to get a good picture or catch a certain moment and end up with them all uploading. Have to go to your album in a browser to delete any you don't want in there. Haven't decided if I'm going to keep using it.

Yes the on your phone album is a private album. You have to actually share the pictures in that album for anyone else to see them on Google+.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by JoeNM84 View Post
    That is how it works for me. Kind of annoying if you take a number of pictures of the same thing trying to get a good picture or catch a certain moment and end up with them all uploading. Have to go to your album in a browser to delete any you don't want in there. Haven't decided if I'm going to keep using it.
    That is a pretty annoying situation. That's why I've been using drop box and manually uploading. But that was getting annoying. So I suppose its automatic uploads but you have to go clean it up if you take bad pictures. Or manually upload but can choose the pictures you want.

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshinta View Post
    That is a pretty annoying situation. That's why I've been using drop box and manually uploading. But that was getting annoying. So I suppose its automatic uploads but you have to go clean it up if you take bad pictures. Or manually upload but can choose the pictures you want.

I try to delete any I don't want before it gets a chance to upload, but that doesn't always work out. So I go clean it out every now and then.

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I thought this conversation was going the route of nuddy pics...

But yes, the albulm is private to you. Pretty glad it is private. Not that my gf checks my google+ ever, but before I popped the question I took pics of the ring and sent it to family and friends before hand. The pics auto-uploaded to google+.... all 20 of them (its hard to take a pic of a diamond). If it wasn't private, I ran the risk of her finding out before hand.

I'm glad she had no idea it was coming. I was able to take this pic:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ruffolo View Post
    I thought this conversation was going the route of nuddy pics...

But yes, the albulm is private to you. Pretty glad it is private. Not that my gf checks my google+ ever, but before I popped the question I took pics of the ring and sent it to family and friends before hand. The pics auto-uploaded to google+.... all 20 of them (its hard to take a pic of a diamond). If it wasn't private, I ran the risk of her finding out before hand.

I'm glad she had no idea it was coming. I was able to take this pic:
    Haha no. Just don't want people going to my album and seeing like 10 blurry pictures of my puppies.

I think auto uploads images are private. When i install G+ very first time, it automatically upload some images to my Google plus profile. Then i afraid and visit G+ profile using my desktop and check there sharing permission, they are private.
    This is my Signature, Ops
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I have it set for WiFi only. If Wi-Fi isn't available will it wait and upload when it is?

For those that want to delete pictures from instant upload there is a great app in the market called Picasa Tool. The interface is very polished, and it's a lot easier than using the native browser to delete pictures.

Yes, this uploads pictures you take with your phone automatically to Google+ and it is a private album, which you can choose to share. I've confirmed this.

To turn it off, you need to go into your Google Plus App, Settings, and UNCHECK Instant Upload.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeNM84 View Post
    Go into google+ app and change the settings to make it only upload pics when the phone is plugged into the charger. Now you can take 10 blurry shots, get the one good shot, delete the blurries and only the good one gets uploaded.
    Thanked by:
    Vega007 likes this.