See all MMS recipients, stop BT from starting Google Music

akramy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I was waiting on this for the longest time. I just switched from BB to the GN and I have a couple of questions that I tried searching for the answers for with no luck, so here I go...

1. How do I see all the recipients of an MMS message or reply to all?
  2. I paired my phone with my car's bluetooth system, works great! but everytime it connects, it launches google music and plays music (which I am sure kills the battery). Instead, I usually listen to the radio while in the car. Anyway to stop it from starting Google Music automatically?

Thanks All for your help.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: GN questions

If you figure out the Bluetooth Google Music issue let us all know. It's driving us all crazy.

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Maybe try flashing different firmware?
A long standing issue with my friends galaxy s and my old Motorola phone was, every time we plugged them in with a car dock it would launch some odd Samsung navigation dock or Motorola dock. The best way might be to try disabling the Google music app or flashing a custom rom with that feature removed

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site

about #1, there has been a lot of discussion on that topic. you can't reply all to a MMS, only back to the original person. If you long press the message and hit details, you can see all the numbers the group MMS was sent to. i use chompSMS and it will display the name next to the numbers if they are in my contact list. kind of dumb that the stock app doesn't do this, and even crazier that you can't reply all easily.

akramy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

trmoney24, even a long press on an MMS doesn't display the recipients. It only shows the person sending it. JD, I was hoping there was an easier way. I'd like to keep music so can listen to my music when I am not in the car. I want the option, just not on all the time. TabGuy, absolutely, if I get an answer, will post it here.

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

When connected to bt, go to your bt on you phone, long press the device its connected to and go to settings. Uncheck media(its checked by default) there should be a media and phone. Leave the phone checked.

Reactions: akramy

akramy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

Thanks twindragon187. I tried that and it worked. You don't need to be connected though, you can just go to the device setting from bt (it has to be enabled on the phone).

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I auto connect to my BT every time I get into vehicle. It never has auto started Google Music. Maybe try and delete any defaults that Google Music may have.