Data just died completely
02-02-2012 04:33 PM
- Once in a while, my bars would go grey and I'd lose data until rebooting or airplane mode on/off. That was relatively infrequent though, so I just dealt with it. Yesterday, it would only connect to data for about 3-5 mins (3G/4G), before going out completely and needing a reboot. By the end of the day, I had no data connection whatsoever.
I eventually did a factory reset, but no luck.
Called Verizon customer service and they reset my SIM from their end, and I rebooted again but nothing. Gonna stop by the Verizon store after work to exchange the SIM and see if maybe that just died out.
Otherwise, the phone has been great, and I really dont want to warranty it in for a refurb from Verizon, but if a new SIM doesn't help, it may come to that.
Anyone else have anything like this happen? I thought the SIM was for 4g only, and I can't even get 3g or 1x data, so I'm not too hopeful.
UPDATE: Update: After 1.5 days of no data, it just randomly came back and is working great. No idea wtf is going on...01-24-2012 01:23 PM
- I spent from 3:00 pm on Sunday until about 12:30 am Monday night/Tuesday morning completely without data service. Amazingly had data when I woke up at 7:30 this morning. Verizon has shipped me a replacement phone because of the issue, but my original is flawless again. I don't know if I should just send the new one back or actually trade them out. I don't want to risk trading into the issues that my current device doesn't have. (screen problems, screeching phone calls, etc.)
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk01-24-2012 01:41 PM
- This happened to me last Thursday and I was unable to get any data whatsoever. I was on the phone with Verizon support for a few hours. After a factory reset I was instructed to go to the store and get a new SIM card. That process took about an hour and I was the only customer in there.... This seems to have solved the problem but just an hour ago I lost all data until I turned airplane mode on and off. I am in the Boston area and I also had my phone shipped to me, maybe the SIM was not completely configured when it was sent? I have far fewer data problems since the new SIM card. Hope this helps.01-24-2012 02:09 PM
- Update: After 1.5 days of no data, it just randomly came back and is working great. Now I don't know if I should go to Verizon and ask them what's up, like they'd know anyway, and get the new SIM since its been approved, or just forget it all happened since it magically seems to be working again.01-24-2012 03:13 PM
- I have the same problem. Spend a lot of time the NYC and Boston areas. The phone can go hours with reliable and fast data connections. And then no data despite strong signal strength indicated by the grey bars. Going to airplane mode and then back doesn't always fix the problem.01-24-2012 03:16 PM
- I lost data for two days, went to the verizon store for a new SIM which didn't fix it so they sent me a new phone which is working great.
Anyone else notice all the random "I lost data threads" in this forum lately? I'm thinking there is some sort of problem with this phone.01-24-2012 04:00 PM
- 01-25-2012 02:54 PM
- 02-02-2012 04:33 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- Verizon Galaxy Nexus
Data just died completely
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD