Music Player - doesn't update songs

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
hello, I have a music player issue. More like a puzzle that I can't resolve. I am a music producer, I placed some rough mixes of new but not yet released songs on my phone. I have now later versions of these songs with slightly modified titles. and although I have removed all previous songs, totally deleted them and even disabled and enabled the music player and made sure my Google Music account is totally empty, the Music Player simply refuses to update the name of these songs. No matter what I do, it keeps showing the old names with edit version numbers, even though it's playing the latest files.

I have also looked at all folders to see if there is a cache anywhere, but none to be found. Music Player was cleared already.

Furthermore, I installed another player app and it was still showing the old song names.

What the hell is going on?

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried clearing the cache under apps in phone settings menu? Or gone into the settings menu in music and cleared the cache from within there and then hit refresh. IDK. Also you can plug up to the computer and look under the android folder. In it there is a folder separate from the music.com folder that holds the songs. They are labeled in numbers. You can check there and see if it's storing stuff.

cordell507

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
if you don't use the google music through the cloud then it's kinda pointless as their are much better alternatives to the stock player such as power amp and player pro

lyk13

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Is your Sync on for Google Music?

I was travelling and I disabled my Sync for everything and my Google Music did not get the latest songs I uploaded.

(Kinda dumb on my part though LOL)

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys, I am just reading these now.

how much will this erase on the phone? sounds like a total content delete, will it delete all images too?
Settings>Apps>All>Media Storage>Clear Data

and what do you mean by "metadata of the song?"

Thanks!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys, I am just reading these now.

how much will this erase on the phone? sounds like a total content delete, will it delete all images too?
Settings>Apps>All>Media Storage>Clear Data

and what do you mean by "metadata of the song?"

Thanks!

It doesn't delete any media. All it does is delete the phone's media database, which is rebuilt based on the media present when the phone is rebooted. Its a way of 'forcing' your phone to rescan all your media files.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
OK, I tried the Clear Data (twice) and rebooted (twice) and it helped refresh one album cover, but the song titles are all still the same. :)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
In the music file, just like photos there are fields you can change/ edit.

artist name
song name
composed by, etc.
If you really are into music Poweramp is the way to go. No cloud support but the sound and settings are phenominal and blow beats, etc out of the water.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't need cloud support at this time as I am only carrying a handful of songs. I'll look into alternate music players. however, when I downloaded one to test, it still showed the old song names.

1- are tags the same as metadata?
2- when I open the music folder on my PC I don't see an option to change tags.

somerussianguy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
1st, if you don't use cloud services for music, you should download ANY other music player from the Market as Google Music is a bloated piece of poo.

2nd, metadata = tags. If those songs you're talking about are in mp3, then changing tags shouldn't be a problem. Download a Android app like iTag or DroiD3Tagger. Both are free and easy to use. Or, you can plug your phone in via USB and edit tags through Windows - right-click, Properties, Details tab, then edit tags one by one. If those files are in FLAC or WAV, then I'm not too sure if those apps I mentioned before would help you. For lossless formats you would need a program that supports those formats and lets you edit their tags. In Windows, I use WinAmp for that (actually, I use for my phone as well)

P.S. You're a "music producer" and you don't know what "tags" are?! Really?! Seriously?!

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all your comments. very helpful. I am the artist and co-producer, not the main producer, still learning. I'll look into your feedback. :)

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
This is resolved. Thank you. It was the tags in MP3s. They never updated from the very first version.

You guys are terrific. Thanks again.

jtmcduffie

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
And Be Patient - it takes time to re-scan a large-ish music collection. But this does work (just dealt with similar problem on wife's Galaxy S2 Skyrocket).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2