Facebook app help

MBeattie

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
First time Facebook user here in need of some help. After installing and signing into fb its not listed under accounts & sync like Twitter etc. Why is it not listed? Also, how can I set the app as the default action to be taken such as clicking a link in Gmail instead of opening the browser? Contact sync? Any help would be great. Thanks guys...

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I believe that you need to go into settings> accounts and sync> at the bottom of the page click add account and there you should be able to add your Facebook account to sync. Its been a while since I used Facebook tho. Hope it helped some.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

machiz7888

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
If you're running stock you need to get an alternative app. Facebook and google are in conflict over sync methods. So on the nexus series, facebook sync doesn't work

Friendcaster works... or you can root and get facebook sync back.

I have no idea what you mean by the second part of that question; android asks what way you want to open files/links if you have multiple options. you can clear the default by going into the app manager selecting the app and clicking clear default

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The Facebook app currently blows chunks. It was last updated in mid December. It actually crashed on mine all the time and yeah, the contacts won't sync. Friendcaster will sync your contacts just fine so I don't know why Facebook won't fix it. I'm not a fan of Friendcaster's stupid ads at the bottom, they actually make them look like Facebook buttons and trick people into clicking on them. There is a pay version which probably has no ads, but at $5 it's way to expensive.

I love Facebook, but their app sucks donkey balls...

MBeattie

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea what you mean by the second part of that question; android asks what way you want to open files/links if you have multiple options. you can clear the default by going into the app manager selecting the app and clicking clear default

Like wheb you have 2 launchers and hit the home button youll be asked which to use.

machiz7888

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Like wheb you have 2 launchers and hit the home button youll be asked which to use.

right, it automatically asks. If you have one launcher, it wont ask. If you have to and set one as the default, go into settings -> apps -> the app -> clear defaults.

And the facebook app is really awful on the nexus. biggest batter drain