What The . . . Screeching During Calls?!

Coleus

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I returned my original GNex because of the crackling/popping external speaker. New one doesn't have this problem. 3 times now, though, this very high frequency screech like sound has come out of the speaker during a call. The other party to the call hasn't heard it, just me.

Is my phone possessed? LOL!! J/K of course, but you should hear the screech!

I have Volume+ installed to correct the weak volume. I wonder if that is the culprit?

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Re: What The . . . Screeching During Calls?!?!?!!?!?

I luckily have not had any issues with my speakers or volume+

have you looked up for a swooping eagle?

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Ok, so I returned my original GNex because of the crackling/popping external speaker. New one doesn't have this problem. 3 times now, though, this very high frequency screech like sound has come out of the speaker during a call. The other party to the call hasn't heard it, just me.

Is my phone possessed? LOL!! J/K of course, but you should hear the screech!

I have Volume+ installed to correct the weak volume. I wonder if that is the culprit?

I'm not sure how volume+ could be unless you are rooted.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

It is not Volume+. This is a known issue, and really the only one I have. It's happened three times to me. Each time it actually got loud enough that my ear kind of hurt when I got off the phone. I have absolutely no clue what causes it. Oh, and I'm running stock. I'm hoping it's something that can be fixed, but at least it's not a constant issue.

Reactions: jwwws

Eggshen

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

I've had this a few times also, it might be light flow causing the problem. I'm not sure yet but so far I've had light flow disabled in the settings for a few days now and the weird screetching, popping and crackling noises I would hear during some of my calls has not come back yet. Like you said the person on the other end does not hear any noises and on my end sometimes the sounds are pretty loud and they do hurt my ears. After several minutes of the crazy sounds the person on the other end tells me that my voice becomes very distorted sounding, almost robotic like lol. Wish I could hear what they are hearing.

Coleus

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

It is not Volume+. This is a known issue, and really the only one I have. It's happened three times to me. Each time it actually got loud enough that my ear kind of hurt when I got off the phone. I have absolutely no clue what causes it. Oh, and I'm running stock. I'm hoping it's something that can be fixed, but at least it's not a constant issue.
I hope so, too. What on earth could it be?

Coleus

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

I've had this a few times also, it might be light flow causing the problem. I'm not sure yet but so far I've had light flow disabled in the settings for a few days now and the weird screetching, popping and crackling noises I would hear during some of my calls has not come back yet. Like you said the person on the other end does not hear any noises and on my end sometimes the sounds are pretty loud and they do hurt my ears. After several minutes of the crazy sounds the person on the other end tells me that my voice becomes very distorted sounding, almost robotic like lol. Wish I could hear what they are hearing.

I have light flow, too. I will disable it and volume+ and see if it happens again.

Dostovel

Jul 15, 2010
www.facebook.com
I have this happen while only on the phone with my girlfriend who has a DX. I use my phone quite frequently throughout the day for work and never notice it during any other calls than with her. I thought it was her phone....

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have this happen while only on the phone with my girlfriend who has a DX. I use my phone quite frequently throughout the day for work and never notice it during any other calls than with her. I thought it was her phone....

Funny thing is, it's happened to me 3 times, 2 times was to my wife who has a D3 and 1 time to my sister who has a BB 9650. It hasn't happened any other time to any other phone.

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
This has happened to me about three times since I got the phone Dec 15. Running stock, using Equalizer for speaker volume enhancement. Do not have Light flow or Volume + installed.

aziadeh

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
This has happened to me a couple of times (2 maybe 3 times, can't remember)
Each time, it has been with my GF on the line she has a BB 9650 also on VZW.
My phone is, rooted, unlocked and currently running tranquilice 6, with updated radios, and on 4.0.3, with volume plus, but only for the external speaker. I haven't played with any of the other speaker / sound settings.
The other issue I get is when the phone has a week signal, my bluetooth starts to act up and sounds very digitized and broken to the point where I have to drive to a different location with a better signal to continue the call.

What gives?

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
yup.. high pitch screeching, pops, beeps; once, totally loud static,, really annoying and I don't care to remember... maybe something that have to do with the signal, towers, on Verizon's end, however, never had this problem before with any Verizon phone...

totally random, only I can hear it, stock, have V+ and Equalizer, no Light Flow...

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Never had this happen on my first gn had some problems returned it got another one. That one had screen problems and almost every other call did the loud noises on calls. Returned that one and have not had that issue on this nexus yet. Also the second one had the issue of dropping the mic where the other person couldn't hear me all of a sudden. Again haven't had that happen on this nexus. I hate to say it but it might be hardware issue.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I hope it isn't hardware. This issue alone has made me use the 4S for a few days. I'm starting to twitch missing my Nexus, but to have a painful screeching noise in my ear during phone calls is completely unacceptable. Hopefully it is something with the connection and it can be fixed in a later build.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia