Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Default Re: What The . . . Screeching During Calls?!

Hmmm. This could be a deal breaker for me. Especially if you have the phone replaced and it still does it. Hardware issue if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by GNex Girl View Post
    Wow, I had this only happen a couple of times but on my last phone call, it was repeated. I had to end the call. What on earth could be causing this? The caller could not hear it.
    That's the main reason I don't have one right now. I loved the phone, but I had it happen 3 times and it actually hurt my ear. I've been waiting for an update to see if it gets fixed, and I might go back. But for now I can't do it. And I haven't seen much play for this, but it seems like it's a decently widespread problem.

Quote Originally Posted by NHBass39 View Post
    Hmmm. This could be a deal breaker for me. Especially if you have the phone replaced and it still does it. Hardware issue if you ask me.
    Like I said above, this was the deal breaker for me. I had a brand new one and didn't want to even test the refurbs.

Digging this thread up again because I just had this VERY thing happen today. Worst thing? I've had this phone since launch day. Never an issue. First time ever? Yep...second call after....the update :-( Anyone else?

Oh and p.s...as mentioned by original poster....hurt my ear, but the caller on the other end never heard it.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Nightly JB

I have had it happen only a couple times. Seemed to happen when I was approaching a dead zone outside my house, hung up and called back.

Got my new 11.12 build has not happened yet but it is too soon to tell. Only a couple days so far but my signal is soon much better, and haven't had the muting issue which happened a few times a day before... you know... hello? Are you there? Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the reply. I actually was wondering myself if it was a dead area or something. Though, dead areas in the Salt Lake valley are actually hard to fine on Verizon. And agreed...my 4g is almost always at full bars when use to be 1-2 average. When on Wi-Fi...always full strength. All the blue looks glorious on my signal monitors :-)

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Nightly JB

Same for the omaha metro, I spend 0% without signal, but it would happen when signal was a little on the low side that's just what I noticed anyways.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Had this problem too. Found that when you lower the speaker volume to about halfway during calls, it subsides and eventually goes away after a few hours. Don't know and haven't heard of a permanent solution.

ROM
    Stock

I just had this the last several days. My wife and I both have stock GNex, 4.0.4 updates, she noticed it on her phone on Sunday, I heard nothing. Then Monday I had it, and she heard nothing on her end. We were both using Bluetooth devices.

Sent from my (pretty awesome) SCH-i515
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12