Double Twist on rooted Gnex

joeybcdt

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Running Codename Android 1.1.1, Franko 13 kernel.

Ever since I flashed CNA, Double twist can't find my music. It's all on the "sd card" under Music. I've used Airsync twice. The first time Double twist saw all my music. Then everything went away.....still on sd card. Now I just tried to sync again. This time it skipped all files and left Double twist empty.

Anyone else dealing with this? Is there another player that syncs well with itunes?

Joey

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Running Codename Android 1.1.1, Franko 13 kernel.

Ever since I flashed CNA, Double twist can't find my music. It's all on the "sd card" under Music. I've used Airsync twice. The first time Double twist saw all my music. Then everything went away.....still on sd card. Now I just tried to sync again. This time it skipped all files and left Double twist empty.

Anyone else dealing with this? Is there another player that syncs well with itunes?

Joey

Big bump, but I'm having the exact same issue on AOKP Build 39. Anyone have thoughts or a solution?

Edit: after some more research, I'm about to give up and cut my losses on this. doubleTwist is probably the most "beautiful" app on Android at the moment, but as long as it doesn't work properly it's not worth it. For starters, doubleTwist on the desktop doesn't support anything but USB Mass Storage. The Galaxy Nexus (and newer devices) don't support that. That means for syncing, you have to purchase the $4.99 "AirSync" add-on. It was nice, but the sync was unbearably slow. I'd say it took around 2 hours to sync 5 GB of music.

And then, this issue popped up: While I know my music is on my device and is completely playable via any app but this, it doesn't show up in doubleTwist. The one I just spent $5 bucks to make work. I'm not the type of person to contact Google/doubleTwist and make a big deal about this, but still - I wouldn't suggest anyone purchasing this until it is updated.

The developers insist that there is a completely new version coming, but they were insisting this six months ago. It's still not here, and I see no reason to believe it'll be here soon.

Last edited:

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
The settings you can force DoubleTwist to reload it's library cache, so in other words it will force a rescan of your 'sd card'. However, getting music on there via DoubleTwist does need to be done via AirSync until they patch in USB transfer.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
The settings you can force DoubleTwist to reload it's library cache, so in other words it will force a rescan of your 'sd card'. However, getting music on there via DoubleTwist does need to be done via AirSync until they patch in USB transfer.

I tried that, multiple times. From my experience, it was only a (very) temporary solution: within two to three minutes, the music was inexplicably missing again.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I tried that, multiple times. From my experience, it was only a (very) temporary solution: within two to three minutes, the music was inexplicably missing again.

Hrm, I'm not sure what to tell ya then. I've always had luck with it. I suppose you could try clearing the apps cache or uninstalling/reinstalling :(

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I used to use double twist, but use Google Play music now. Double twist is way too flaky for me. If you have not tried Google music, give it a try. It lets you download songs to your phone or stream them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci