Secret radio could make the galaxy nexus a world phone?

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Since we found out that rezound is a world phone,does anybody know if that nexus has that feature?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Is the galaxy nexus a world phone?

Your thread title was a little ambiguous, and I was not aware of the hidden radio situation with the Rezound. I'll reopen your thread and change the title to make it more clear that you're referring to unofficial world phone capabilities.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
there is no secret radio in the nexus. It has been torn apart and nothing is hidden in it. Reading the post on xda or sounds like its software related and the gsm radio is multi band compared to the nexus. They just went into phone advance settings and switched to wdgsm setting and swapped there vzw sim with another carrier setting. I'd be curious what gsm radio chip they use in the rezound.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Last edited:

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
there is no secret radio in the nexus. It has been torn apart and nothing is hidden in it. Reading the post on xda or sounds like its software related and the gsm radio is multi band compared to the nexus. They just went into phone advance settings and switched to wdgsm setting and swapped there vzw sim with another carrier setting. I'd be curious what gsm radio chip they use in the rezound. So I decided to try something I put this in phone dialer.
*#*#4636#*#* it pulls phone stuff up I clicked bottom right corner menu and I clicked radio band and this menu popped up
a6f981e6-ce49-fff4.jpg
does that mean our gsm radio is multi band have no clue and dont feel adventuresome but take it with grain of salt.

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
there's more options in there. one for wcdma, gsm, evdo, gsm/cdma (prl) and then the bands for automatic, euro, usa, japan, aus, aus2.......there's alot in there as for the radio's...kinda makes ya wonder

is there another carrier that use's micro sims?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
The wcdma is what the guys on the rezound are using. Guess we need a guinea pig to try this with a att tmo sim card
there's more options in there. one for wcdma, gsm, evdo, gsm/cdma (prl) and then the bands for automatic, euro, usa, japan, aus, aus2.......there's alot in there as for the radio's...kinda makes ya wonder

is there another carrier that use's micro sims?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Yea there are sim kits out there for a couple bucks it includes cutter and case fitter

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Just find a friend with an iPhone 4 for att. I would try it with my ipad, but I don't want to fry the sim.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Could it show up like that just because its part of the software and the software goes into different style phones? IE, VZW CDMA and over seas the GSM?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Not sure but rezound has same menu and it works. What is odd is this menu hasnt been brought up before
Could it show up like that just because its part of the software and the software goes into different style phones? IE, VZW CDMA and over seas the GSM?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I hope someone tries this, and it works. I'm going to Europe this summer and would like to take my VZW G-Nexus versus my old Storm1.

takehull

Hipster Retro Jelly Bean
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'll see if I can get a hold of a T-Mobile microsim and I'll test it out.