Battery Life Ideas

jwaves

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
So im running on the codename rom with franco's kernel and i normally get about 10-12 hours on my phone. I use it moderately and i'm somewhat satisfied with that, but i've been hearing about people getting up to a day sometimes 2!! of usage out of their phones. Is there anyway i could boost the battery life somehow. What other kernels/rom combinations do you guys recommend

chevyguy8893

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
So im running on the codename rom with franco's kernel and i normally get about 10-12 hours on my phone. I use it moderately and i'm somewhat satisfied with that, but i've been hearing about people getting up to a day sometimes 2!! of usage out of their phones. Is there anyway i could boost the battery life somehow. What other kernels/rom combinations do you guys recommend

What kind of governor are you using on franco's and what does your usage involve? I never had that great of battery life running franco's using conservative and hotplug enabled. Every phone is different on how well it will work with the kernel and takes a couple days to get a good idea of the battery life. On my current setup I get about 13-14 hours of use with between 3-4 hours of screen on time, streaming pandora on 3G/4G, internet browsing, and some games. I had great battery life out of imoseyon's leankernel also.

jwaves

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah ive been using conservative with hotplug. I've heard alot of people talking about lean kernel but im not sure how much of a difference switching kernels will really make.

ZachDasher

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the latest beta of redemption rom and my phone has been off the charger for 4 and a half hours and after moderate use its just at 91%. Its the best ive seen in a while.

If anyones interested, The link is on ohheyitslou's twitter feed.

jwaves

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the latest beta of redemption rom and my phone has been off the charger for 4 and a half hours and after moderate use its just at 91%. Its the best ive seen in a while.

If anyones interested, The link is on ohheyitslou's twitter feed.

Yeah thats basically what i get now.. Like i said im satisfied but i just got envious of the other who were stating they got about a day out of their phones. but this type of life is what ive grown used to so far

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
You can't judge your phone against others. There are too many apps to install, widgets on home screens that transmit data constantly, social network garbage to attempt to inflate our egos, pictures going back and forth, some watching movies, some playing games, screen brightness, screen time, streaming music...the possibilities are endless (and some apps are total garbage). The only way people get 20+ hours is by not using there phone that much. Anything else you hear or read is a lie. All that matters is what you get from your phone and regardless of being stock or ROM'd, nothing will change your battery life by a significant amount except the way you use it. If you you need more life, try deleting EVERY widget from ALL home screens for a full day and see if that has a big impact. I'm not suggesting that you can't or shouldn't use widgets, just try a day of life without them to see if it makes a difference. Also, if you use Google+ at all, make sure you have Restrict background data checked in the phones settings under Data (first you have to check and set a mobile data limit at the top of your Data screen). And if you have weather apps, either turn off the auto update or set it to some longer duration.

By the way, I also am running codename 1.2.0 with Frankco's 14.4 and when I plug my phone in around mid night, I usually have about 40% battery left. Same ROM, same kernel, different battery experience. I'll add that through 3 or 4 different ROMs and kernels (including stock ICS) my battery life is almost exactly the same every day (unless I'm on the road using the GPS and Places like crazy).

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae