Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thin black line on screen

Anyone experience this? My screen just developed a purplish color and has a then horizontal black line across screen

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,734 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Default Re: Thin black line on screen

They slap glue on the oleds to bond it to the "material" and it is common. I had two nexus phones and at low brightness you get bands or splotches. Yay google super plastics 5mp phone. Sorry I am mad, but I spent hours and money trying to get happy with the galaxy. As far as phones go, the galaxy nexus is the worst google phone ever released......
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    They slap glue on the oleds to bond it to the "material" and it is common. I had two nexus phones and at low brightness you get bands or splotches. Yay google super plastics 5mp phone. Sorry I am mad, but I spent hours and money trying to get happy with the galaxy. As far as phones go, the galaxy nexus is the worst google phone ever released......
    You obviously never owned the nexus one if you think that...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yes, I have two horizontal black lines near the top of the display (Potrait). On dark screens they appear like a rainbow. I think they're two rows of stuck pixels. I took a screen capture and they don't show so, I think it's a screen issue for sure. I'm going to call Google tonight to ask for a replacement.

I experience this too with many black lines, they come and go, some days they are alot more visible than others. I took a screen shot. then viewed it horizontally in my gallery and the lines were on the right going vertical so I assume its the display or gpu. unfortunately my phone is 3 years old (its an old gs2 if you're wondering) any recommendations on how to solve this?