I found Best video player for Galaxy Nexus

StuckwVerizon

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I am from Iphone 4. One of the app that I use all the time is AVPlayer. It was amazing. I was able to dump all my avi files and I was able to watch movie during my subway commute in NYC. It just made my life much easier. Once I moved on to GN, first thing i did was to find the movie player that let me play avi files. I read tons of reviews, and I narrowed it down to MoboPlayer and RockPlayer.
First MoboPlayer, I gave up on this app right away since it crashed on me several times. And it doesn't remember when I stopped all the time. And even if it does, it takes long time to get back to where I left. It was frustrating. But it's free app, so no issue here. I am sure it works really well on other android devices.
Second free version of Rockplayer. It never crashed on me so I guess it's better than MoboPlayer. However, it still have same issue with remembering the place where I stopped. Same frustration. And I was able to play maybe 90% of my avi files. Some compatibility issue, never tested any mkv file.
Third paid version of Rockplayer. yes I was hoping pay version is better, but it was same as the free version. I really didn't see any improvement.

And btw, all three apps didn't make the full screen on GN. I still see the navigation bar while I was playing movie.

For few weeks, I was using Rockplayer and I wasn't too happy with my video viewing experiences. matter of fact, I was very frustrated. My subway commute is only 30 min. And everytime I wanted to continue my movie, either app forgot where I left and start from beginning or it takes long time before it goes back to the place and even then movie freezes alot for first several minutes.

But last night, I was looking thru the market place, and I found MX video player. Same rating as other two players. And it's free. So I installed on my GN. And OMG. It is just amazing. So far I have tried tons of AVI and MKV, it all played extremely well. File sizes are from 500m to 2.5gig, they all played without any problem. And the most important part, it remembers where I stop and it starst from that point RIGHT away, without any delay, amazing. And other big issue, IT USE THE FULL SCREEN!!!! No more navigation bar while I am enjoying my movie. I get to use my 4.65 inch screen.

Anyway, I thought there might be someone else looking for perfect video player for GN. And I think MX Video Player will be the one for us.

StuckwVerizon

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Oh btw, now I need to find out how to do the streaming movie from my computer. I used AirVideo on my iphone. I hope there's similar problem like AirVideo on android.

reidoreilly

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, i tried a bunch of differnt players and I found MX Video player the best, it has a bunch of different options for SW/HW encoding and all that good stuff, i didnt really mess with them too much. It played everything I tried, but it made use of the full GN screen, most of the other players wouldnt fully expand to use the entire screen so you have the softkeys there the entire time, and if they did use the entire screen it wouldnt play everything. MX player was able to do both, which on the GN is pretty important.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
to stream movies from your computer use splashtop desktop HD. best app i have used by far and it streams audio perfectly

StuckwVerizon

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
to stream movies from your computer use splashtop desktop HD. best app i have used by far and it streams audio perfectly

Isn't that remote desktop app? So basically you are playing movie on your desktop and your android is looking at your desktop. I don't really like that idea. I want to just stream the movie into my android. Often time, my wife is using the PC while I just want to stream video to my device. I can still use it on my iPad, but I just want to know I have an option with my GN. I think I will try out tversity thing. I have used it long time ago to stream movie to my PS3.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna sound pretty dumb here because I haven't moved any video files to my GN yet. I've got maybe 60 movies in iTunes that I ripped using Handbrake, but haven't moved any of them to the GN. If I do, will I need a player like MX Video?

Jonno

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I am pleased with MX Video player on my Xoom but didn't know it worked that well on the GNex. Especially the part about hiding the menu keys.

nucubs

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, i tried a bunch of differnt players and I found MX Video player the best, it has a bunch of different options for SW/HW encoding and all that good stuff, i didnt really mess with them too much. It played everything I tried, but it made use of the full GN screen, most of the other players wouldnt fully expand to use the entire screen so you have the softkeys there the entire time, and if they did use the entire screen it wouldnt play everything. MX player was able to do both, which on the GN is pretty important.

I've only had to mess with the SW/HW encoding option when jumping ahead in a video. One of the options caused the audio to play correctly but the video was on fast-forward until it caught up to where it was supposed to be. Adjusting the option fixed that.

StuckwVerizon

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I've only had to mess with the SW/HW encoding option when jumping ahead in a video. One of the options caused the audio to play correctly but the video was on fast-forward until it caught up to where it was supposed to be. Adjusting the option fixed that.

I usually don't jump the movie but its really nice to know. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood