Can't wait

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I am new to verizon and to the galaxy nexus. what are some pros and cons to me joining verizon in purchasing this phone if anyone can help I would be very grateful. I am waiting on the phone to come from amazon and currently leaving sprint with a htc evil 3d lol:D

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Pro's and Con's of a cell phone company?

If you have service, it's a Pro
If you don't, it's a Con

lol, pretty much. Depends on what area you live in as well. Some companies are just better than others in certain areas of the US.

Customer support is okay, I wont say its great because I went through a lot of crap with my last 2 smartphones when tech support made me try 5 different refurbs of one phone before finally listening to me and allowing me to switch to another (in which I didnt have a choice in, but that part is understandable, i guess.) But I also wont say its terrible because executive tech support really did me a favor when I had to call them just a few months ago.

Service has always been good for me, bills have never had any secret payment increases in them, and my local stores reps are awesome.

Most of the variables really just depend on where you live.

coloneljames

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
i recently switched from sprint and am happy with vzw. one drawback, voicemails are deleted after 28 days. i don't think sprint did it that way, so i'm not sure why they do. starage=$ i guess. service seems to be good so far. i get a signal at work where i didn't w/ sprint. custserv is good so far. no major issues. one replacement due to proximity screen issues. camera is mediocre. software is great.

good luck.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
i recently switched from sprint and am happy with vzw. one drawback, voicemails are deleted after 28 days. i don't think sprint did it that way, so i'm not sure why they do. starage=$ i guess. service seems to be good so far. i get a signal at work where i didn't w/ sprint. custserv is good so far. no major issues. one replacement due to proximity screen issues. camera is mediocre. software is great.

good luck.

They do not delete saved voicemails, however. At least they never have with my account. as long as you check your voicemail and flag a message as saved it will remain. I've still got a voicemail in my inbox from christmas 2010.

coloneljames

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
They do not delete saved voicemails, however. At least they never have with my account. as long as you check your voicemail and flag a message as saved it will remain. I've still got a voicemail in my inbox from christmas 2010.

well, when i save a vm they lady says, "this will be saved for 28 days..."if i don't save it again within that 28 days, it is deleted. nvr had to do that with sprint.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
maybe it's a function they've foisted on new accounts like mine.

Could be. Mine does say that it "will be saved for 28 days" as well ( i think, havent saved on in a while), but they are never deleted. I dont know why I just know that they have never just deleted themselves.