My wife picked the Rezound, good choice for her

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
While I love my Nexus, I think she was smart to pick the Rezound. I went down to arrange for payment and had my rep at the Verizon store pull out the Nexus, Rezound and Razr Maxx for her to play with during her lunch hour.

It took her very little time to settle on the Rezound. First, it is HTC and she is comfortable with Sense. Second, while it is much larger than her DINC, it's form factor is thin and tall, and the Nexus and Razr were just too wide for her small hands. Third, she takes a lot of pictures and the camera on the Rezound is just better than the Nexus.

So, what she won't know about ICS for now won't hurt her, and this is actually the best phone for her.

Last edited:

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Similar reasons my wife went with a Incredible 2 over the big 4G/LTE phones. She doesn't know what she is missing and the phone works great for her needs and smaller hands.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Ya, when my wife wants to upgrade I will encourage her to get the Rezound. Less for me to have to teach her.

MegaSoundwave76

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
My wife loves her DInc 2. For her, as long as the camera is decent, it has access to Google Music, Facebook and can text message, she could give a rat's butt. The Rezound is a good choice for anyone who wants to stick to Sense.

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
My wife went from a storm to a og droid to a nexus......she is absolutely loving her Nexus....These phones are not rocket science people.....women can use them with minimal help from geek husbands.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
My wife went from a storm to a og droid to a nexus......she is absolutely loving her Nexus....These phones are not rocket science people.....women can use them with minimal help from geek husbands.

alot of girls dont want to learn how to use them.

my gf has dinc2 and loves it, however, if she had to switch to nexus or even an iphone or something, she would have no idea how to use it.

she can barely use sense as it is.

anyway, its not hard obviously, but it requires effort. it's not about sex, per se, but how much do dudes know about shoes or dresses? is it rocket science? um, no. but do you care to learn about it...

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
GIRL HERE!

I'm the "tech geek" in the family...Husband asked me to help him edit a phone number in his BB Curve (the original.....)

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Reactions: jroc

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
For my wife, it was not so much a matter of complication, but mostly size and the fact that she just likes Sense.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

wolverine2003

May 29, 2010
Visit site
alot of girls dont want to learn how to use them.

my gf has dinc2 and loves it, however, if she had to switch to nexus or even an iphone or something, she would have no idea how to use it.

she can barely use sense as it is.

anyway, its not hard obviously, but it requires effort. it's not about sex, per se, but how much do dudes know about shoes or dresses? is it rocket science? um, no. but do you care to learn about it...

I'm pretty sure she could figure out an iPhone if she got the DInc2. My 2 year old can navigate through iOS with no problem.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but it cuts in her sandwich making time....give them a dumbphone and get your kitchen cleaned right for a change...

just kidding....

Wow!! What a pig of a comment. My wife is head of IT for a multi-state company, writes code and pays people to clean up the kitchen. She can run circles around you when it comes to tech (and me and I own a tech company).

There may not be many, but there a lot of women who are tech savvy and a few who are just flat amazing. No need for comments like that in these forums.

Reactions: urabob

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Wow!! What a pig of a comment. My wife is head of IT for a multi-state company, writes code and pays people to clean up the kitchen. She can run circles around you when it comes to tech (and me and I own a tech company).

There may not be many, but there a lot of women who are tech savvy and a few who are just flat amazing. No need for comments like that in these forums.

I think he was only joking about that. I took it as him poking fun at people saying that women can't navigate these phones. As in "yeah, women need to just make dinner and not worry about technology." Pretty sure it was a joke and to be said in a sarcastic way. If he was being serious, then yeah, there's no need for it. But a little humor goes a long way and I took it as a joke and it made me laugh.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Hence me writing "just kidding" at the bottom of my post.

My kids sorta made fun of my wife wanting a smartphone just because she loved her flip so much they thought she would never get the hang of it. She runs circles around both of them now on both android and iphone.

Glad someone can realize a joke when they see it.

Charged up post!

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I realize that you may have mean't that as a joke, but it wasn't funny! It was demeaning and sexist. I will also allow that I may be a bit touchy on the subject (or did you already get that out of my post!).

My wife is the one who convinced me to get into the tech business, she supported me when I was learning this stuff many, many years ago (I'm no kid). It was her idea that put me into a business that has made our life quite comfortable and set us up to retire in comfort.

I guess I am a bit touchy (you think?). I will back off my previous comments and apologize to you, but I also urge you to consider what you post in the future also. Let's keep these forums friendly and for discussions of our common toys.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Yea...I had had a chance to use the G Nex and Rezound. The Rezound is a good choice for anyone. I actually like it better than the G Nex.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
My wife also has a Rezound. It's a really nice phone. I find myself always grabbing it whenever she puts it down.

Sent from my reactivated Droid Charge using Tapatalk!