• 1 Post By wolverine2003
  • 2 Post By racedog
  • 2 Post By Wildo6882
  • 1 Post By Terrigno
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

Default My wife picked the Rezound, good choice for her

While I love my Nexus, I think she was smart to pick the Rezound. I went down to arrange for payment and had my rep at the Verizon store pull out the Nexus, Rezound and Razr Maxx for her to play with during her lunch hour.

It took her very little time to settle on the Rezound. First, it is HTC and she is comfortable with Sense. Second, while it is much larger than her DINC, it's form factor is thin and tall, and the Nexus and Razr were just too wide for her small hands. Third, she takes a lot of pictures and the camera on the Rezound is just better than the Nexus.

So, what she won't know about ICS for now won't hurt her, and this is actually the best phone for her.
    Last edited by Vance; 02-02-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Default Re: My wife picked the Rezound, good choice for her

Similar reasons my wife went with a Incredible 2 over the big 4G/LTE phones. She doesn't know what she is missing and the phone works great for her needs and smaller hands.

Ya, when my wife wants to upgrade I will encourage her to get the Rezound. Less for me to have to teach her.
    SuperChargedJ and Josh515 like this.

ROM
    You Jelly Huh 2.1

My wife loves her DInc 2. For her, as long as the camera is decent, it has access to Google Music, Facebook and can text message, she could give a rat's ****. The Rezound is a good choice for anyone who wants to stick to Sense.
    My Galaxy Note 2 tells me to have a beer! Okay!!!

My wife went from a storm to a og droid to a nexus......she is absolutely loving her Nexus....These phones are not rocket science people.....women can use them with minimal help from geek husbands.
    quikric and jroc like this.
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Quote Originally Posted by jafels View Post
    My wife went from a storm to a og droid to a nexus......she is absolutely loving her Nexus....These phones are not rocket science people.....women can use them with minimal help from geek husbands.
    alot of girls dont want to learn how to use them.

my gf has dinc2 and loves it, however, if she had to switch to nexus or even an iphone or something, she would have no idea how to use it.

she can barely use sense as it is.

anyway, its not hard obviously, but it requires effort. it's not about sex, per se, but how much do dudes know about shoes or dresses? is it rocket science? um, no. but do you care to learn about it...
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by jafels View Post
    Yeah but it cuts in her sandwich making time....give them a dumbphone and get your kitchen cleaned right for a change...

just kidding....
    Thanked by 2:
    Wildo6882 and zero neck like this.

GIRL HERE!

I'm the "tech geek" in the family...Husband asked me to help him edit a phone number in his BB Curve (the original.....)

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    jroc 
    boo_berry00 and zero neck like this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

For my wife, it was not so much a matter of complication, but mostly size and the fact that she just likes Sense.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zero neck View Post
    alot of girls dont want to learn how to use them.

my gf has dinc2 and loves it, however, if she had to switch to nexus or even an iphone or something, she would have no idea how to use it.

she can barely use sense as it is.

anyway, its not hard obviously, but it requires effort. it's not about sex, per se, but how much do dudes know about shoes or dresses? is it rocket science? um, no. but do you care to learn about it...
    I'm pretty sure she could figure out an iPhone if she got the DInc2. My 2 year old can navigate through iOS with no problem.
    zero neck likes this.

I had the Rezound..... it was the 2nd best phone I ever owned.

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    ROM
    changes all the time

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    I had the Rezound..... it was the 2nd best phone I ever owned.
    this made me lol

Global Posts
    420 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Yeah but it cuts in her sandwich making time....give them a dumbphone and get your kitchen cleaned right for a change...

just kidding....
    Wow!! What a pig of a comment. My wife is head of IT for a multi-state company, writes code and pays people to clean up the kitchen. She can run circles around you when it comes to tech (and me and I own a tech company).

There may not be many, but there a lot of women who are tech savvy and a few who are just flat amazing. No need for comments like that in these forums.
    R

If I have offered any information to help you or of interest to you please hit the "Thanks" button.
    Thanked by:
    urabob 
    urabob and boo_berry00 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by racedog View Post
    Wow!! What a pig of a comment. My wife is head of IT for a multi-state company, writes code and pays people to clean up the kitchen. She can run circles around you when it comes to tech (and me and I own a tech company).

There may not be many, but there a lot of women who are tech savvy and a few who are just flat amazing. No need for comments like that in these forums.
    I think he was only joking about that. I took it as him poking fun at people saying that women can't navigate these phones. As in "yeah, women need to just make dinner and not worry about technology." Pretty sure it was a joke and to be said in a sarcastic way. If he was being serious, then yeah, there's no need for it. But a little humor goes a long way and I took it as a joke and it made me laugh.
    Thanked by 2:
    HPBolt 
    jroc and jephanie like this.
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Rezound is sweet. The display is amazing as well as camera

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Hence me writing "just kidding" at the bottom of my post.

My kids sorta made fun of my wife wanting a smartphone just because she loved her flip so much they thought she would never get the hang of it. She runs circles around both of them now on both android and iphone.

Glad someone can realize a joke when they see it.

Charged up post!

Global Posts
    420 Global Posts

I realize that you may have mean't that as a joke, but it wasn't funny! It was demeaning and sexist. I will also allow that I may be a bit touchy on the subject (or did you already get that out of my post!).

My wife is the one who convinced me to get into the tech business, she supported me when I was learning this stuff many, many years ago (I'm no kid). It was her idea that put me into a business that has made our life quite comfortable and set us up to retire in comfort.

I guess I am a bit touchy (you think?). I will back off my previous comments and apologize to you, but I also urge you to consider what you post in the future also. Let's keep these forums friendly and for discussions of our common toys.
    R

If I have offered any information to help you or of interest to you please hit the "Thanks" button.

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    ROM
    IMM30B 4.0.4 w/Leankernel

size does matter...

Yea...I had had a chance to use the G Nex and Rezound. The Rezound is a good choice for anyone. I actually like it better than the G Nex.

Global Posts
    802 Global Posts

My wife also has a Rezound. It's a really nice phone. I find myself always grabbing it whenever she puts it down.

Sent from my reactivated Droid Charge using Tapatalk!

I would think they're are cheaper phones than the rezound with features less techy people would not miss

Quote Originally Posted by racedog View Post
    I realize that you may have mean't that as a joke, but it wasn't funny! It was demeaning and sexist. I will also allow that I may be a bit touchy on the subject (or did you already get that out of my post!).

My wife is the one who convinced me to get into the tech business, she supported me when I was learning this stuff many, many years ago (I'm no kid). It was her idea that put me into a business that has made our life quite comfortable and set us up to retire in comfort.

I guess I am a bit touchy (you think?). I will back off my previous comments and apologize to you, but I also urge you to consider what you post in the future also. Let's keep these forums friendly and for discussions of our common toys.
    Simmer down It was a joke.. Why so serious? (In my joker voice)

From the best android phone PERIOD. Galaxy Nexus.
    Thanked by 2:
    jroc 
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

You guys are all great. But I just needed to ask. "What the FREAK does this have to do with a Nexus in the Nexus forum"? :P
    jroc likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    You guys are all great. But I just needed to ask. "What the FREAK does this have to do with a Nexus in the Nexus forum"? :P
    me? I gots nothing. I am going back to the Charge forums where I belong

/// pouty face and walking away mumbling