GNex won't turn on

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I tried doing a forum search for this issue but I couldn't come up with anything. My friend has Galaxy Nexus and his battery has always done weird things.

When his phone would die and he would plug it in, it immediately would show the charging screen and a 58% battery charge even though it just died so it really had like 1%.

The phone today randomly started calling *2289 by itself over & over again, so my friend took the battery out. Once he booted the phone back on, it kept restarting multiple times. So again, he took the battery out and when he put it back in, the phone will not turn back on. It has been plugged in for over an hour now and says it's charging but when he tries to boot it, it starts to power up then goes back to the charging screen. He cannot go to a Verizon store for about 2 1/2 more hours so I was trying to see if this problem has happened before, if you think it could just be a bad battery or if you think he's going to have to get a CLNR replacement or any other ideas.

Thanks

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Could be a bad battery, but it is never a good idea to let lithium ion batteries go completely dead before recharging them. If your friend let the battery die on a regular basis, then that was definitely not good for the battery.