Google wallet available on the market. Kinda..

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
have you used those on google wallet? doesn't it only work with mastercards right now?

thanks

I load the funds that I have on the gift cards onto the Google prepaid card.

It's nice because even if I don't have my wallet I can still buy food at jack in the box and etc. using my phone. They don't ask for id or anything.

DancesWithFarts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I load the funds that I have on the gift cards onto the Google prepaid card.

It's nice because even if I don't have my wallet I can still buy food at jack in the box and etc. using my phone. They don't ask for id or anything.

hmmmm, very interesting. hadn't thought of gift cards. so, apparently google wallet isn't MasterCard specific, or are you using mastercard gift cards?

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
hmmmm, very interesting. hadn't thought of gift cards. so, apparently google wallet isn't MasterCard specific, or are you using mastercard gift cards?

It is Mastercard specific, Citi Mastercard specific. But, Google has a virtual prepaid card that you can add money too.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

TheNexusMan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else used this method to get Google Wallet and have the application NOT work for them? I already had the apk sideloaded on my Nexus and it worked like a charm. I then downloaded this market version to update it, and now the app does NOT work! I can access it, but when I attempt to actually use it to pay for something, it just says its initalizing and freezes there. :( Going to uninstall now and hope I can get the apk on here again!

doogie1

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else used this method to get Google Wallet and have the application NOT work for them? I already had the apk sideloaded on my Nexus and it worked like a charm. I then downloaded this market version to update it, and now the app does NOT work! I can access it, but when I attempt to actually use it to pay for something, it just says its initalizing and freezes there. :apk( Going to uninstall now and hope I can get the apk on here again!

No haven't had an issue. I had the apk as well, it ran fairly well. The market version does seem to run smoothly and picks up the paypass sensor quicker. Did you restart your phone after the install? When I installed mine, it kept saying it was incompatible when I would open it from my app list. After I restarted the phone, it was showing up like any other regular app and has been flawless.

WraithTDK

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I tried the market method, and it installed beautifully on my Atrix 2. I even got Google Car home (dissapointing; Car Home Ultra is way better). Unfortunately, when I tried to run Google wallet, I get unfortunately, Google Wallet has not yet been certified in your country or on your device/carrier.

Any way around this catch-22?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I tried the market method, and it installed beautifully on my Atrix 2. I even got Google Car home (dissapointing; Car Home Ultra is way better). Unfortunately, when I tried to run Google wallet, I get unfortunately, Google Wallet has not yet been certified in your country or on your device/carrier.

Any way around this catch-22?

Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall, or force close and clear data/cache? You might be able to reset it. I haven't had that problem myself, but I've heard of this problem more than once. My feeling is that it's something that can definitely be worked around, if only because if it weren't that'd easy, most of us would be in the same boat.

So that's my advice; try to clear it's data and settings, end its process, or reinstall.

BTW, most 711 cashiers think you're Gandalf when you use it.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I was able to install it from the market on my Verizon GNX, but I can't add the Google Prepaid Card to it to access my free $10. It just says adding card.. and stays there and then says "Try again later", as if it cannot access the server. Now it is asking for my PIN, but it won't take it, and it says "4 tries remaining" but doesn't reduce my number of tries.

This leads me to believe it's a network issue.. or Verizon is blocking it on their network?

I am positive my PIN is correct. I had to verify it twice to set it up. I don't even see a method of resetting my PIN, in case I screwed up the setup. Anyone know how to reset the PIN?

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Nevermind, it was able to get it after it made me wait 3 minutes before I could enter it again.

Still can't add the Google Prepaid card though. Anyone else manage to add it?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Nevermind, it was able to get it after it made me wait 3 minutes before I could enter it again.

Still can't add the Google Prepaid card though. Anyone else manage to add it?

Yup. I was able to add the initial $10, and then when I flashed a rom I was able to add the remaining balance without problems. Did you spend it all? lol

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
looks like the loophole has been patched. When follow the directions on droidlife the browser shows the app is not compatible with any of my devices. :(

EDIT: I was having a hard time backing out of the Browser so I chose market from the pop up and it took me to Google Wallet in the market and i am installing now
EDIT2: Well it started to download and stopped and says "This Item isn't available by your carrier"

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
looks like the loophole has been patched. When follow the directions on droidlife the browser shows the app is not compatible with any of my devices. :(

EDIT: I was having a hard time backing out of the Browser so I chose market from the pop up and it took me to Google Wallet in the market and i am installing now
EDIT2: Well it started to download and stopped and says "This Item isn't available by your carrier"

Weird. Very weird. Try clearing data on your browser and go from there, and see if that fixes it.

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
After hitting back in the market the option to choose browser or market came up again. I chose browser and now my device was compatible but when i would go to choose the device it was grayed out and it said the app is already installed. I tapped on home and went into google wallet and I have the same version as shown on the market browser. went into the market on the phone and check my apps and it now appears in my market app list. Not sure what happened but hey its there now so no complaints :D

WraithTDK

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I suspect my problem is due to the new 2.3.6 update, which un-rooted my Atrix 2. Now I have to figure out how to re-root it (the original zerg-rush method isn't working). I suspect I'll have to reset the damn thing and root it again from there; or use odin to flash a 2.3.5 ROM and then do an OTA update using one of the "preserver your root" methods.

UGH. Gonna have to be a weekend project.

TheNexusMan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I called the support team at Google Wallet and they suggested I clear the app's cache and data, soft reset the phone, and then set it up again. After doing that, this Market version of the app finally worked....but only kinda. It allowed me to pay for my items, and went through on the tore end, however, on my phone, rather than giving me a transaction receipt, it said that it "may not have worked," and suggested I "ask the cashier" if it worked, and it just froze on that screen. The only way to get off that screen was to back out of the app. Now, after backing out, when I try to go back into the app it just says "Initializing your device. This may take a few minutes depending on your network connection," but it never leaves that screen! SO, I had to restart my phone. Now, I can get back into the app, and it shows the amount of my transaction debited from my Google Prepaid card, however, it does NOT list the transaction in the transaction history! This is crazy. And aside from the transaction missing from the history, I definitely shouldn't have to restart my phone after every time I use the app. :(

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the transactions on your phone is supposed to appear on the your google.com/wallet account?