[How To] Install Official Google Wallet

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I found a link online to the market and it asked if i wanted to open in the browser or market, i said market just to see and it let me download it right from the market app itself I'm fully stock, no root

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Lol! Check out this screen shot. Haha. I had to try it a few times before worked.
a6f9805d-3785-af2e.jpg

Sent from my VZW 4G LTE GNX using Tapatalk

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I got this installed with a little modification, but, even though it's installed, it is not showing the uninstall and update options in the market. Also, do i have to worry about any security issues.

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I got this installed with a little modification, but, even though it's installed, it is not showing the uninstall and update options in the market. Also, do i have to worry about any security issues.

I exited out of the Market fully and made sure the Market App was stopped. When I restarted the market and select Google Wallet under "My Apps", the normal OPEN and UNINSTALL options are now there as well as the check box to allow automatic updating. Also, the "this app is not compatible" message is now gone. Looks like any other app install!

I have been using a side loaded .APK for a few weeks now and all works perfectly. Looking forward to seeing if there are any noticeable improvements with new version....

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
For me I had to do the following steps:

Before I started, I had to clear all data from my browser:

Steps:

1. From your phone open the browser and head to http://market.android.com.
2. Search for “Google Wallet.”

*If your browser prompts you to open the Market, don’t. Just stay in the browser.

3. When the results come back, tap on the Google Wallet icon.
4. Tap the “Install” button from within the browser and then sign into your Google account.
5. Open with Market and not Browser (This took a few tries, but eventually worked)

*Again, this is all from the browser, not the Market app.

5. Once you have signed in, you should be redirected back to the Market page in the browser.
6. Obviously, you will not have the option to install there since the VZW Nexus is not supported.

7. Tap the back button until you are prompted for the Market or Browser again, this time choosing the Market.
8. The Android Market should open to the Google Wallet page with an option to install.

The only problem I have now is I cant add funds to the prepaid card. The $20.00 I tried to add was taken out of my account, but not added to my card. :(

I didn't have any problem adding money and it recognizing it.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

violetspirits

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if it's possible to sync transaction history, card info, etc back to my google wallet on computer?

I kind of assumed this would be done automatically, but when I signed into google wallet account on my laptop I didn't see anything. I didn't even see the prepaid card on my phone which I have already successfully used, and also no transaction history either...

Thanks!

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if it's possible to sync transaction history, card info, etc back to my google wallet on computer?

I kind of assumed this would be done automatically, but when I signed into google wallet account on my laptop I didn't see anything. I didn't even see the prepaid card on my phone which I have already successfully used, and also no transaction history either...

Thanks!

Have you tried wallet.google.com ?

Reactions: violetspirits

TheNexusMan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else used this method to get Google Wallet and have the application NOT work for them? I already had the apk sideloaded on my Nexus and it worked like a charm. I then downloaded this market version to update it, and now the app does NOT work! I can access it, but when I attempt to actually use it to pay for something, it just says its initalizing and freezes there. :(

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else used this method to get Google Wallet and have the application NOT work for them? I already had the apk sideloaded on my Nexus and it worked like a charm. I then downloaded this market version to update it, and now the app does NOT work! I can access it, but when I attempt to actually use it to pay for something, it just says its initalizing and freezes there. :(

I had this concern a couple days ago when I asked:

Loading the app worked - but the more important question is has anyone who's loaded this onto the Nexus now used it for a payment. I don't know if there's any chance the transaction may be blocked or filtered, so just asking.

Hopefully your experience is just isolated, but haven't seen anyone post yet they've used the app through the market to make a payment. Thanks for posting your experience.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I paid for a cab in NYC last night using Google Wallet. Worked perfectly

Cool. I paid for my movies with it. I forgot my wallet at home so no money, or id, or credit cards. We take to the fandango website and purchased the tickets and gavemthe box office my confirmation number. Btw it didn't offer wallet in the app version.

Hondo_Lane

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I loaded this from the market exactly as described. I recommend watching the video which is exactly how it worked for me. Then I stopped by CVS and made a purchase and it worked perfectly. Thank you! :D

Stock gnex with a tpu case.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Wow, can't believe how easy it is to do this. Thank goodness for loopholes.

I take it since this is the official Market version of Wallet it'll be able to auto-update?

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

I haven't used it since installing the Market version. I will try this afternoon on my lunch break at 7-11 where I have used it several times before. Mmm Slurpee :D

Have you rebooted your phone since the install? Maybe try clearing the apps cache also.

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Just got back from to the office with a cherry slurpee. No issues with Wallet. I did clear the app cache and reboot the phone before I tried it.

I did notice the app did not lock when I backed out of the app and when i locked the screen. need to check my settings to see if clearing the cache un-did something.

TheNexusMan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I called the support team at Google Wallet and they suggested I clear the app's cache and data, soft reset the phone, and then set it up again. After doing that, this Market version of the app finally worked....but only kinda. It allowed me to pay for my items, and went through on the tore end, however, on my phone, rather than giving me a transaction receipt, it said that it "may not have worked," and suggested I "ask the cashier" if it worked, and it just froze on that screen. The only way to get off that screen was to back out of the app. Now, after backing out, when I try to go back into the app it just says "Initializing your device. This may take a few minutes depending on your network connection," but it never leaves that screen! SO, I had to restart my phone. Now, I can get back into the app, and it shows the amount of my transaction debited from my Google Prepaid card, however, it does NOT list the transaction in the transaction history! This is crazy. And aside from the transaction missing from the history, I definitely shouldn't have to restart my phone after every time I use the app. :(

Last edited: