1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default PC cannot trnasfer files to Nexus

Own my galaxy nexus for a few day , loaded a few apps, and transfer pictures and vedio files to it from PC. Then next day when I drag and drop a files or files to it PC open the copy widget but not action. I can see the folders on the nexus. call Samsung, they advice me to reset my nexus to factory state. I work that way. but I have to restore everything. any idea why, and any fix without a total reset.
    Edit/Delete Message

Default Re: PC cannot trnasfer files to Nexus

A few questions...

1) are you using the included USB cable?

2) what version of windows are you using?

3) have you tried using both MTP and PTP("camera") connection modes?
    Science is the power of Man.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

I am having the same problem. It worked perfect before. Windows 7. Could it be the update from Windows a week ago?

I had mixed results when I first got the phone as well. I ended up using a wifi file transfer app and have not looked back. Kind of a pain at first but is easy now.

I use Wifi File Explorer Pro. There are free ones I believe but I got this on the Amazon Free app of the day a while back.

I've never had a problem where it stopped working but I do notice that sometimes when transferring files, it's extremely fast, other times it's extremely slow. No idea why, nothing changes.

I use ex file explorer, find the file copy and paste it. Haven't done it in while. I don't know if the app actually handles the copy and pasting it just allows me to see the folders and files.
    Thanked by:
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Download airdroid from the market. It works great and gets the job done quickly. There are some other cool features you can check out as well
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD

I had the same problem -- I was able to copy files to the device the first time, but once I put a couple hundred files on the device, I can't consistently get files to transfer.

This has been reported to Google's bug tracker already:

Supposedly it's fixed in 4.03.

Same problem here with my Galaxy Nexus which I never could resolve running Windows 7. Went and bought a RAZR MAXX and all is now working.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

supposedly fixed in 4.0.3 and not getting an update with rumors of 4.0.5 coming out.. beginning to think this "Nexus" is a Droid Charge 2...