Battery monitor obsession

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded badass battery monitor a few days ago and it's a great app. However I now find myself obsession over the number its displaying in my notification bar. When I had the iphone I had this problem also. If I turned on the battery percentage icon I would obsess over how much was left and just watch it tick away. So I eventually turned it off and stopped worrying about how much battery I have left. And just enjoyed using my phone.

What are your views on the subject. Turn off battery monitor and stop worrying? Or watch it like a hawk?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

KidCuda

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I just learned stop worrying and love Android. I hate those battery mods that show the exact percentage (they look good though) I do plug it in whenever I can though.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I just learned stop worrying and love Android. I hate those battery mods that show the exact percentage (they look good though) I do plug it in whenever I can though.

Me too. It's plugged in all the time

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm also obsessed about the battery percentage, so I just leave the stock battery meter there. Its better to just enjoy what the phone is capable of, than to stalk the battery meter. Lol.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I uninstalled the battery monitor last night. I've been having withdraws all morning. But it's for the best.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Now that I've uninstalled the monitor I keep opening the stock battery usage screen to check the percentage and usage information. Guess I relapsed lol

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Not only can I not watch have a battery monitor because I get obsessed over it but I can't have the MPG showing on my overhead console because I won't watch the road.......I guess it could be worse and be obsessed with drugs and alcohol LoL

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyone who advocates watching the battery % tick away?

I dont advocate wathching battery %

LoL ,dude maybe if you wasnt checking out your battery% so much it would last longer :eek:

Also I know its easy to kinda get OCDed about it and you relapsed but sounds like your getting stressed out again.

I fiqure you have already done all the basic steps to reduce your battery consumption tho by now .

How long does your battery last again without it being plugged in ? Also how heavy or light of use ? ;) screen on time ?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't check it constantly. When I say watch the % tick away I mean while I'm using. Like while I'm browsing or playing a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez