Iphone fans to wussy for bigger phone/screen

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
iPhone Live: Macworld 2012, iPad 3, iPhone 5 - YouTube

This is taken from Imore.com Starting about 35 mins and 29 seconds they discuss the iPhone 5 rumors and screen size. They talk about the Galaxy nexus and how it's to big. They all don't want it to be bigger or if you watch the whole thing they don't even want it to have lte. Are IPhone people to wussy for a bigger phone? Would apple keep the IPhone tiny and not put lte in it for another year. I just found that to be funny. I feel with android getting to be bigger and having nicer and nicer screens and power, apple pretty much has to include lte and a bigger screen. What do you guys think? I posted it hear because we all have Google's flagship phone. If this is the case and they do ship another IPhone with a small screen and no lte we can all mock our IPhone friends for another year. I guess they will still have Siri to still brag about. lol Thoughts?

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have no need for a phone with a screen bigger than 4". I own a Galaxy Nexus in spite of its screen size, not because of it; seems you just can't find a new Android phone with good internals and up-to-date software these days that isn't gargantuan. The screen on my Nexus hasn't been overly problematic, though there are certain things I used to do one-handed on my Droid Incredible that I wouldn't dare do on my Galaxy Nexus for fear of dropping it. Some people like a bigger screen for watching videos and the like, which I get. Others, like me, have no use for it. It doesn't make anyone a wuss, one way or another.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I have no need for a phone with a screen bigger than 4". I own a Galaxy Nexus in spite of its screen size, not because of it; seems you just can't find a new Android phone with good internals and up-to-date software these days that isn't gargantuan. The screen on my Nexus hasn't been overly problematic, though there are certain things I used to do one-handed on my Droid Incredible that I wouldn't dare do on my Galaxy Nexus for fear of dropping it. Some people like a bigger screen for watching videos and the like, which I get. Others, like me, have no use for it. It doesn't make anyone a wuss, one way or another.
I don't really care about watching videos, but I like the bigger screen for reading internet pages. I think it just depends on how good your eyes are whether or not you like the bigger screen.

It is a trade-off - bigger screen is easier on the eyes but harder on the hands. I simply can't read the iphone screen when surfing the net. I don't watch videos on my phone, but I do surf the net on my phone.

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't have 3G here (and it would have been far more than a 2 hour drive, each direction, to get into one), so I just bought one on eBay for about $400 (including overnight shipping). T-Mobile told me I could stop by and "look" at their display models and ask as many questions as I wanted. No thanks.

Has anyone else picked up a G1? If so, where and how much? Are you using it yet? I can't wait for mine to arrive :)

What??????? IPhone better go bigger or risk losing a lot of their male consumers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
What??????? IPhone better go bigger or risk losing a lot of their male consumers.

I loled.

I didnt check out the link yet but i figured I'd post, ill edit later if i have to.

I agree that bigger doesn't necessarily mean better. I also know a lot of people that would be perfectly happy with a 4.0 inch or smaller screen. I personally LOVE the 4.65 inch screen on the nexus. I'm a huge media buff and it makes videos look awesome, especially with the fact that its 720p HD. I also have bigger hands and a rubber case on mine that makes it very hard to accidentally slip.

Not putting LTE in it would be a joke. A literal joke. I assume they are afraid of the iPhone 5 being thicker because of having to add that radio. Plus the battery life would take a hit and they probably dont want that either.

Oh, and iPhone won't have Siri on us for long, Majel (if you didnt know, Majel is Google's smart AI digital assistant) is due out in beta form any time now, and all the current information on it says its going to make Siri look like a toy. Not trying to hate, just stating what I observe from reviews i read.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Not to be incredibly rude, but do iphone fanboys come off as being a tad bit on the snobby side?

Some I guess, but the same can be said for some Android users too. That's an entirely situational question.

EDIT: watching that video now, Just heard the one guy say "iPhone, the most popular phone in the universe"

Not gonna lie, I loled again. Does that make me a bad person?

Last edited:

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Some I guess, but the same can be said for some Android users too. That's an entirely situational question.
I agree, it isn't exclusive to Apple and iPhone.
EDIT: watching that video now, Just heard the one guy say "iPhone, the most popular phone in the universe"

I don't think so. I did the same thing.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

Yeah that part got me too. For me the nexus doesn't feel that big, it' slides into my pocket and doesn't bother me. My friend has the Samsung Infuse 4g and it's only 4.5 inches but for some reason it feels bigger than the Nexus.

I feel if they don't change to compete with android it's going to start hurting them. Did you guys hear the part where they said verizon will do what ever apple wants them to do? There just so full of themselves.

Dirty-Bird

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
So i ppicked up a friend's iphone and played with it for the first time recently. I was shocked. Maybe he just isn't very tech savvy. The apps are just on the home screen and you can't change that stock? I was like wait you can't use widgets? He said no but Apple actually invented the word widgets. Is that true and it's so why don't they gave them on their phone lol? You can't customize the launcher pour hidden on the iphone?

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
It's all a matter of personal preference. I am a big buy, and I have used both a Nexus and iPhone and to be totally honest the iPhone was a better size FOR ME. There is no right answer here. Each person has their own wants and needs and that's why no phone is better than the other one.

Yes, one might have better world-wide sales numbers but that is irrelevant to me. I have to go with what I like.

Reactions: Johnly

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I find it funny how people are stereotyped based on a phone purchase or that their snootiness is certain to roll in after a apple purchase. That is some high level function thinking there lol.
I prefer the iPhone for many reasons including the size. It is easy to one hand it, and I love that being a busy guy.
I love android and I won't say nerd, geek. I want to see the note and if it has good note taking capability, I am getting one. I like several OS's
I would like to see Android and a phone manufacturer dominate Apple, but so far that is a pipe dream:(

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
hell they could make the next nexus even bigger for me.....I cant even imagine how I survived using my droids little screen tather on the iphone which I believe is even smaller. Im hooked on large screens....the bigger the better. As far as useage there is no negative to me and only the positive of all that screen real estate.......some talk about how it fits in their hand, but my wife has little hands and handles the gnex quite well....she of course also loves the screen real estate. In the end though its all in what you like, thats why they make different phones.

Reactions: Johnly

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Dont want LTE? I bet if they ever used it they wouldn't be saying that.

I always wanted a bigger screen with all my phones...starting with the flip phone E815. A bigger phone is better IMO for web browsing, playing games, watching videos/movies.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I pretty much echo what Johnly states. I like ALL cellphones regardless of their OS. Its what makes the mobile world so exciting and interesting.

Personally, I think Apple will go with a 4 incher.

I too am interested in the Note (I've heard the VZW version will be called the Journal).

Android, iOS, WP7 .... its all good guys. Choice is always a good thing for the consumer, pre-sales and post-sales.

Reactions: cbwx34 and Johnly

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I love my GNex but as others have said, it's too big for many one handed functions. On the other hand, I love the size for web surfing and reading.

I'm not convinced there is any single "perfect" phone. All have their strengths and weaknesses.

dc iz 2 legit

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I believe its just a trend! People don't want to admit that its overpriced scrap metal. There are just to many reasons to name why android is superior but yes the most common one would be screen size and data speeds and if this article is being real....well I'll feel bad for apple! Who doesn't want to have a bigger screen and who wants to have lag time to watch a you tube video lol. This just shows u what kind of people/morons buy there products. I met a girl and she was the real reason I started thinking like this she bought an iPhone and immediately she had to go buy an iPad and MacBook just cause its the cool thing to do lol but we better just cut this tread out before things get heated in here soon enough well have those sheep's in here on the defend.

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
If they want to stay relevant they are going to have to increase the screen size or at least offer models with different sizes. Yeah I thought 3.7 was OK too until I tried a larger 4.5 inch screen. Now anything under 4 seems way too small and uncomfortable. As for one handed operation? All my important apps are arranged along the bottom in folders so no need to reach across the screen. When I show someone a video in full screen, envy is the usual reaction. There's just no comparison.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
If you get the VZW shell/holster, the case has a kickstand that is attached on both ends to form a triangle. You can slip your middle or ring finger through it and hold the phone secure while you use your thumb to use the device one-handed.

I have small hands and even I can use the phone one handed with that case. However, the case does not fit the extended battery and it has a somewhat-less-than-cool looking design embossed on it. It is very functional if not fashionable.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
So i ppicked up a friend's iphone and played with it for the first time recently. I was shocked. Maybe he just isn't very tech savvy.
I think that is the appeal of the iPhone - you don't have to be very tech savvy to use it and have it work well for voice calls, internet searching and texting. That and of course all the cases and what not that can turn your iPhone into a fashion accessory. You can watch videos and play music on it, too without having to be tech savvy. But being able to use a device without having to understand anything technical comes at a price and that price is customization.

The apps are just on the home screen and you can't change that stock? I was like wait you can't use widgets? He said no but Apple actually invented the word widgets. Is that true and it's so why don't they gave them on their phone lol? You can't customize the launcher pour hidden on the iphone?
There are apps that help with customization some and of course there is jailbreaking. But the average iPhone user is typically not tech savvy enough to figure out how to use the customization apps or jailbreak their device. Obviously some are, but your typical teen, middle age parent or senior isn't doing that with their iPhone and they are the bulk of iPhone users. College aged iPhone users up through age 40 would be the demographic group more likely to tinker. Of course you always can find someone in that or a different age group that is tech savvy, like an IT person or a retired engineer or what not, but my guess is that kind of user would gravitate toward Android-based phones over iPhones.

Last edited: