Random Shut off's !?

OptimusNotPrime

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I've had the Galaxy nexus for like four days now. And I've encountered two random shut downs, both during (Texting) Any one else have this problem?? :eek: Loving this phone though! it's Amazing!!

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I've had the Galaxy nexus for like four days now. And I've encountered two random shut downs, both during (Texting) Any one else have this problem?? :eek: Loving this phone though! it's Amazing!!

I have had random reboots, but none during texting. Reboots do happen with this phone, at least right now. Anything from apps to the phone software itself could be causing it. Future updates should help.

Do you use a 3rd party app for texting? or do u use the stock sms app?

If you have a 3rd party sms app, that would be a good place to start.

Mathmatikus

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Had a few, most while browsing online and one that really pissed me off, using gps with the screen off since my battey only had 14% left, I had a turn coming up soon... Crashed. Battery didn't die either, booted up again no problem.

vass0922

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I too am having issues with random reboots

potentially with apps that can still appear with the screen locked.
Pandora used to cause this when I told it to keep the screen available so I could see the song playing, and then with GPS I get it.
I changed pandora to no longer keep the display available and it stays playing for quite awhile now.
GPS I was using navigation yesterday and it rebooted on me twice over a span of an hour

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

I have only had a random reboot after installing light flow. (3 seperate times). After each installation I would start sering my notification options and the phone would reboot. Never had a reboot while light flow was uninstalled.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OptimusNotPrime

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's when I use the stock messenger app. It's no problem really, just a little annoying at times when you're trying to text.

motodunner

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have had some reboots periodically since launch day. The past couple of weeks I have noticed that every time it rebooted was when I had pulled the notification bar down.

OptimusNotPrime

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
When I experience reboots, it's usually when I'm using the Read It Later app

Yeah i also use Read it later.

Today My phone Turned off and wouldn't turn back on, so i waited five minutes pressed the power button again and it turned back on. Scared the Holy **** out of me. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz