During Call, I Can't Hear Other Caller But They Can Hear Me

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Twice today this happened to me while on a voice call. My 4G signal was good at the time so no signal issue.

I stopped being able to hear the other caller but they could hear me fine. I could see that the call was still connected and I could see that my signal was good.

What could have caused that?

tdan76

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
There's talk in the forums of this being a bug in for the Galaxy Nexus while in LTE coverage area. I've had it happen twice (owned mine since release in December).

4.0.4 update is expected to release soon, hopefully software and included radio updates will fix this bug.

Reactions: GNex Girl

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
There's talk in the forums of this being a bug in for the Galaxy Nexus while in LTE coverage area. I've had it happen twice (owned mine since release in December).

4.0.4 update is expected to release soon, hopefully software and included radio updates will fix this bug.
I hope so too!

Did you have the same thing or did you have the mic issue? The mic issue is where the other caller can't hear you but you can hear them. I had the opposite problem where I couldn't hear them but they could hear me. I guess I had a speaker issue then.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Shoot. I really hope the OTA addresses all of the bugs! I don't want to get rid of my GNex.

The 4.0.4 radios have eliminated about 80% of my signal problems. I don't have the "rest" of 4.0.4, but I presume most of the major "bugs" will be taken care of there.

Except of course for the "blue" screen and the terrible camera ;)

Reactions: GNex Girl

sisblub

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I hope so too!

Did you have the same thing or did you have the mic issue? The mic issue is where the other caller can't hear you but you can hear them. I had the opposite problem where I couldn't hear them but they could hear me. I guess I had a speaker issue then.

Never had this issue, just the mic issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

sw33tooth

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Twice today this happened to me while on a voice call. My 4G signal was good at the time so no signal issue.

I stopped being able to hear the other caller but they could hear me fine. I could see that the call was still connected and I could see that my signal was good.

What could have caused that?

I gave up on my nexus,Verizon let me swap it out for a rezound . I love ics but i need the phone to be a phone 1st and a toy 2nd

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

heartagram616

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Take the following with a huge grain of salt, but I called Verizon today complaining about the mic cut out issue, basically opposite of OP issue, and they said the first official OTA is scheduled for late march. I don't know that I can believe him but I really hope it is true, this is a great mobile device but as a phone I'm less than impressed and I did get it as a phone first and foremost.

alvikfan

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem, very frustrating. Best Buy swapped out the phone for me and we are still having mic issues. Seems to happen when app auto updates are coming in, or when an another phone call comes in the same time I am on the phone. If not fixed soon will have to swap for a different phone, too bad as i really do like this phone but cannot have it mic out on me while I am talking t someone.

wyandt

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue here in Northern Cali. The caller can not hear me but I can hear them talking. Happens on every phone call. Is this a software issue? Vzw offered me a iphone 4s 16gigs. Would you switch to iphone?

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue here in Northern Cali. The caller can not hear me but I can hear them talking. Happens on every phone call. Is this a software issue? Vzw offered me a iphone 4s 16gigs. Would you switch to iphone?

For the love of god yes, iphone doesn't have call issues. How did you get them to offer you a iphone?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If it kills you, terminate that junk. Phone calls are top priority.....Subjective fun like tweaking software is valid, but doesn't hole a candle to quality..:-[

panerai7

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'd push it for Maxx if you prefer Android over iOS.
If not I would at least demand a 32gb 4s since GN is 32gb as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87