I love my Galaxy Nexus BUT I still use my CM7 Desire

Did your G-Nex Retire your old Device?

• Total voters

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
First off, I love my Galaxy Nexus, no sarcasm here. Sure I experience much of the same problems most of you are aware of. The random reboots, the quiet speakers, the crackling, popping calls, the echoes on the other side of the call, horrendous battery life and spotty data, here and there; sure I’ve accepted all of that, and really I still love the phone. I really hope the next update at least fixes some of the problems.

I have pretty much retired my previous phone a HTC Desire since Dec 15th, but have recently brought it back to life. Both phones sit on my work desk; the Nexus handles text messages, personal calls while the Desire handles the majority of my personal/work life. I surf the web, hop on the G+, instant message, Skype, listen to my podcasts and music, and watch movies. I read this great Lifehacker article on how to better delegate the work PC and use different devices for different purposes for better productivity.

I know the G-Nex can do all of that but somehow, using the old Desire as an additional device seems to help my productivity. I don’t have a tablet; so the WiFi Desire has been my tablet of sorts, I have more than 10+ full length movies on it, I can easily watch 2-3 movies on a plane trip and still have over 70% battery; I forgot how excellent the battery is on the thing! The thing is LOUD; screen is bright, crisp, clear. I love Google Music, but having music on the device is fantastic seeing how fast I skip tracks. I know the 4.65” G-Nex screen is sooo gorgeous, but I baby the G-Nex and I don’t want to fill the memory with movies.

Over the weekend, we went to a wedding; I have my G-Nex, but I brought the Desire to entertain my son; before I would be a little hesitant to hand over the phone to a 2-year old; but not anymore. He played games, watched clips of his favorite cartoon while the G-Nex supplied the data. We sat through a 1.5 hour reception, my wife and I were able to eat and enjoy ourselves.

Can I do all that I mention with the G-Nex? Sure. Do I still need the Desire? Of course not. But is the Desire still really awesome to carry around? Heck Yes! Does ICS Rock? YUP! But is CM7 & ADW still awesome? You better believe it!

I don’t carry the Desire everywhere; having two phones is a pain. But instead of an extra G-Nex battery, I would rather carry around the Desire.

Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I am doing the same sort of setup. I have my Incredible on standby for gaming, surfing the web, etc., and my fiancee uses it for the same.

Weirdly, while I don't use it as a phone anymore, it seems like the Nexus really drew attention away from my iPad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12