Phone just started acting up

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Don't know why but my phone been perfect until 2 weeks ago. First I went to take my phone out of my pocket to see it stuck in the start up screen and was very hot. Did a battery pull and restarted no problem. A week later got a random restart.

That was this past Friday. Since then I have had blank home screens when backing out of apps or the browser but everything would pop up after a few seconds. Yesterday I found my phone shut down completely and couldn't turn it on. Battery pull fixed that but again this morning my alarm never went off and when I checked my phone the led was blinking but I was unable to wake the phone. Again battery pull fixed it. I'm worried cause I went without any issues since launch day but now its acting wonky with stock messaging app not responding and a few other apps.

I didn't install any new apps recently to cause this. I did uninstall amazon app store and its apps hoping something was causing the conflict. I don't know if these are issues others complained about and are supposed to be addressed in the next update or if an app update caused things to go haywire.

I love this phone and always bragged about it and had zero issues including great reception and data. Any ideas what happened to start these random now frequent issues?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Random reboots, an occasional bit of screen lag, no new apps installed recently - guess I'm not the only one.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
No issues with my nexus solid as a rock

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I use no launchers and not many apps. I also haven't installed anything new since day 2 I had it. Weird thing is mine was perfect up to 2 weeks ago. Issues came out of no where that's why I wonder if an app update or something caused it.

So far seams to be fine and smoother with Amazon app store and its apps removed.

crazed_z06

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Don't know why but my phone been perfect until 2 weeks ago. First I went to take my phone out of my pocket to see it stuck in the start up screen and was very hot. Did a battery pull and restarted no problem. A week later got a random restart.

That was this past Friday. Since then I have had blank home screens when backing out of apps or the browser but everything would pop up after a few seconds. Yesterday I found my phone shut down completely and couldn't turn it on. Battery pull fixed that but again this morning my alarm never went off and when I checked my phone the led was blinking but I was unable to wake the phone. Again battery pull fixed it. I'm worried cause I went without any issues since launch day but now its acting wonky with stock messaging app not responding and a few other apps.

I didn't install any new apps recently to cause this. I did uninstall amazon app store and its apps hoping something was causing the conflict. I don't know if these are issues others complained about and are supposed to be addressed in the next update or if an app update caused things to go haywire.

I love this phone and always bragged about it and had zero issues including great reception and data. Any ideas what happened to start these random now frequent issues?

Meh, since launch Ive had a few reboots.. like 5 or 6. This is my 4th Android device and everyone (Droid X, Thunderbolt, Bionic, etc) have all had random reboots here and there. I also have the issue with the homescreens being blank with backing out of the browser. I figure it's just a quirk of the phone software right now.. no big deal.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Had the first "dropped call" I can remember on VZW this weekend, thanks to a random reboot. That was three reboots in three days, maybe 12-15 since release day. Everything is stock, no launchers, sideloads, etc.

I was using Nav/Maps heavily over the weekend, enough to trigger several forced-closes in Maps (but not Nav).

Hoping the next OTA resolves this and the occasional screen lag.

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Meh, since launch Ive had a few reboots.. like 5 or 6. This is my 4th Android device and everyone (Droid X, Thunderbolt, Bionic, etc) have all had random reboots here and there. I also have the issue with the homescreens being blank with backing out of the browser. I figure it's just a quirk of the phone software right now.. no big deal.

Yeah I'm hoping its just little bugs that will be fixed through updates. I only got weirded out cause I went from zero issues to frequently occurring issues the past 2 weeks. My guess with something like that is coincidence or misbehaving app. I got rid of the amazon app store and its so will see over the next couple of days.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I have auto update turned off in the market so that I have to manually update my apps. This allows me to let some time elapse and then I read the reviews of the update. Many times the reviews describe problems so I will skip the update until I see the problems resolved. This also helps me keep track of recent app updates.
This is a new version of the OS and even though many older apps that haven't been updated with the new SDK may still work there may be areas in the apps that just won't work right until they have been recompiled.

When I hear about phones just rebooting I get the feeling that there is some app or process that tried to go someplace in the operating system it had no business going(you know the old time program exception error) and the system is rejecting this, and just restarting.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I have had the not being able to wake the phone up twice, both times was while I was sleeping and had the phone charging. First time I woke up and the LED was blinking, hit the side button and nothing, held it down and nothing. Had to do a battery pull. Second time was pretty much the same thing but LED wasn't flashing as the phone I think was off, because after I did the battery pull there where no emails or txts that I had gotten during the time I was sleeping. I know I had txts because the wife told me she sent some, and after the phone booted up it downloaded all the emails I got during that time frame.

This has only happened twice since I have had the phone and I always charge it while I sleep. I have had a couple random reboots as well but this does not really bother me since the reboot is pretty fast. No mic problems, data problems, or dropped calls like I have read other people having.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Recently my phone has been acting slow.

No random restarts. Just really slow.

When i click the apps button, the phone slows down there too when multi tasking

when i start typing a long email or text, the typing becomes extremely laggy to where i have to stop typing for it to catch up.

i dont have any crazy apps or anything at all that couldve triggered this. i use the phone stock and dont care to root or anything. the only app i have running is juice defender to save battery (which has been working really sick so far)

hoping that the new update will come soon and fix this....

other than that, the camera is slow and laggy but i already knew that from previous forums

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Recently my phone has been acting slow.

No random restarts. Just really slow.

When i click the apps button, the phone slows down there too when multi tasking

when i start typing a long email or text, the typing becomes extremely laggy to where i have to stop typing for it to catch up.

i dont have any crazy apps or anything at all that couldve triggered this. i use the phone stock and dont care to root or anything. the only app i have running is juice defender to save battery (which has been working really sick so far)

hoping that the new update will come soon and fix this....

other than that, the camera is slow and laggy but i already knew that from previous forums

Make sure you do not have multiple apps running at the same time. One of the reasons why the phone might slow down.