Chrome for ICS

OptimusNotPrime

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm really loving Chrome to phone with The tab syncing, can move tabs by tilting your phone! That's a fun feature. But Don't forget people it is a beta! So there will be problems. ;)

DancesWithFarts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Is there any reason not to make this the default internet browser? I love it so far.

it's totally beta with no features. no importing bookmarks or setting home pages. it's about as fast as the stock browser, so i'll probably just go back to stock.

chrome to phone is great though.

Mastaking

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I like that it corrects what you type now in the browser. I also like that if you go to click something but there are close links nearby and you touch more than one it will zoom in on that area to make it easier to click.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
it's totally beta with no features. no importing bookmarks or setting home pages. it's about as fast as the stock browser, so i'll probably just go back to stock.

My bookmarks imported from Chrome on my laptop; I presume you're talking about importing from stock?

treoo0#AC

May 7, 2010
Visit site
On this forum, the browser has a little zoom-like hover when I select page numbers navigation. It knows the nums are too small and zooms for me! Won me over on-the-spot. ...and the tab features. Just awesome. Love Gnex. BTW, get the 4.0.4 OS and radio leaks. Huge. Promise.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Enjoying my limited time with it so far, but it is very beta. Totally fine; I'm sure we will see frequent updates for this one. Love the tab switching, but really would like to see quick controls and the ability to hide the address bar

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving it...two gripes
1:flash not supported... no biggy though
2:browser version of Facebook made my soft buttons disappear, even after I signed out, had to reboot
A big plus is that the screen moves while typing so you can see what your typing, unlike the stock browser which had me doing multiple spell checks....big bonus IMO

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the new Beta Chrome for a few hours and it doesn't seem very beta to me. I thought I would miss the quick controls, but the way Chrome is set up they are not needed. Tab syncing from PC to phone is awesome. So is the little magnifying thingy it does when you press a really small link on the phone. Bookmarks from the PC and the phone are synced and displayed in an organized manner. The cool animations are just icing on the cake. Chrome seems to be a little bit faster than the stock browser and ICS Browser+. In the future I would like to see a dedicated exit button. Also, I'd like the option to hide the address bar.

Galaxy Nexus - Lovin' it!

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
This thing is fast. I actually like the address bar because you can just type there and do a search, just like the desktop version.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I thought you can sync chrome mobile with bookmarks and such that you use at home?

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Finally finally finally! A browser that didn't refresh between tabs or words with friends and the online dictionary! Not totally perfect (do to many things you get a refresh) but a total improvement!

NordicNinja

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Wow, this browser is nice! I am stoked on this release. Really loving the tab control, switching tabs using the swiping action is awesome, the animations are fluid, double tap zoom to text is much better than the stock ICS browser etc. Looking forward to a few tweaks, but as a beta product, this really rocks.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I love how fluid everything looks, the browser hasn't hung up on me once...unlike the stock browser which would just sit at a page for a few seconds.

GeekMcLeod

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
My favorites features is the tabbing interface and, when going to click on a link, with another click right by it, it brings a little popup with both links zoomed in. I really miss the quick controls from ics browser + but I think I can manage.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but if you're on the tab viewer screen and you keep swiping up again and again eventually it will do a barrel roll. I know, this has no real purpose, but it is a neat little trick. Try it!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: terpitude71

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2